So i just got my new speakers from thomann....
    Tech Wizard

Default So i just got my new speakers from thomann....

and they sent me german plug power adapters two brand new adam a7xgb's and no way to play them, worse still, maplins doesnt do the right plug adaptor for the ampage or something, would anyone mind directing me to a place i can buy some adaptors that wont cause a fire or explosion or whatever actually happens when u get the ampage wrong! apparently i need ones that are up to 10A 250v

thanks guys!

Tech Mentor

I remember finding those adaptors in the UK was an arse since all you could find was the adapters for the other way around.
    The ampage and voltage really doesn't matter since its just a piece of plastic and metal and it doesn't use a heavy current too. Any decen't electronics store should have it or if you cant find any use amazon.

Why don't you just get an IEC cord with your UK type of plug? But adaptors shouldn't pose a problem either....
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Wizard

i found some leads that have uk plugs that are the same type as the power adapters, but im lil wary of amps and fuses in them and stuff as i know one had a 13 amp fuse in, what does this mean if i were to plug it in to speaker and into power?

Should not be a problem, UK and Germany both have 230 V/50 Hz outlets.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Mentor

same thing happened to me man, just cut those plugs off and fit on standard 3 pin British plugs, thats what I done for my T.800 amp and peavey 215s. No problems

Tech Mentor

Don't cut the end off and shove the wires in the wall socket and tape in place to get you by. Whatever you do.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by HigherFi View Post
    Don't cut the end off and shove the wires in the wall socket and tape in place to get you by. Whatever you do.
    lol, im now using two 3 prong leads with uk ends on , but they have 10 amp fuses in them, not sure what having 10 amp fuse in when it says 16 over 250 on the plug will do to the speakers or if it makes a difference in sound or volume or something though?
    Last edited by Dj Reklusive; 01-01-2013 at 10:31 AM.