error message when extracting sound pak vol 1 15 mad zack

Default error message when extracting sound pak vol 1 15 mad zack

Just downloaded soundpak vol 1, 15 mad zach plus MF3D and am getting the following error:

0x80010135 Path too long

What to do about it?
    Will try to re download it.
    Peace,
    frankielouis

Default Problem solved

Fixed it.

Hi,

Any chance you can explain how you fixed it as I also get the same error message when I try and unzip them or play them from the file

Tech Student

Default How did you fix this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by frankielouis View Post
    Fixed it.
    Hey there.... this thread is kind of old now....but I am curious if anyone can give instructions of how they resolved this issue. I have the same problem when extracting the files from this pack

Tech Wizard

I'm sure there must be a better way to fix this but the way I did it was by extracting it to the root of the hard drive (ie, extract it straight to the c:/ without putting it in any folders). I still lose a few files but it seems to me all the stuff necessary for it to work in ableton are still intact.

Anyone know a better way?

Quote Originally Posted by musicalfungus View Post
    Hey there.... this thread is kind of old now....but I am curious if anyone can give instructions of how they resolved this issue. I have the same problem when extracting the files from this pack
    anybody? still having the same issues and have tried on both xp and win7. And still nothing, it says its downloading the file and then when it comes to the end, I get an error message like this. Have tried dl'ing to a folder, desktop but still the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by samgawthorp View Post
    anybody? still having the same issues and have tried on both xp and win7. And still nothing, it says its downloading the file and then when it comes to the end, I get an error message like this. Have tried dl'ing to a folder, desktop but still the same thing.
    Ok, tried again and succeeded. Downloaded to desktop on an xp machine, created a new folder on desktop and unzipped them to there and now they all open and play.