Z2 Frozen

Thread: Z2 Frozen

Default Z2 Frozen

So my z2 just froze...all the lights go on, and the meters follow the faders. The computer doesn't recognize the mixer. any suggestions?

Other details: Using Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4, was in the middle of a set when the mixer crashed. I've never had this issue before, and the mixer has worked fine the other times I've used it. I didn't notice any other issues, the tmixer just stopped working abruptly. The buttons all seem to act like toggles (press once, they light up, press again, they go off). Audio doesn't work.

Calling NI Tech Support today once they open, will see what they say.
    Last edited by nightcorex; 01-02-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Tech Mentor

More details? OS? Used it before with success? What were you doing when this happened?

Quote Originally Posted by nightcorex View Post
    So my z2 just froze...all the lights go on, and the meters follow the faders. The computer doesn't recognize the mixer. any suggestions?
    Yeah. Call NI tech support (don't e-mail) to see what they suggest and if you're still in your return period I'd swap it out for a new unit ASAP before your return period ends and you're at the mercy of the warranty process.

Tech Wizard

try a different USB Cable.
    Traktor Z2, Denon SC3900(2), Kontrol F1, MidiFighter3D, HDJ-2000, Mixed in Key, Platinum Notes, Jack and Coke. (Previously- Rane 68, Traktor DJM-t1, Pioneer DJM-800, CDJ-2000s (2), Traktor S4, Stanton 150s)

Ok, the mixer is fixed, and everything is working fine! The SHIFT button was stuck down, and that did something weird with the mixer. Thanks to everybody for suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by nightcorex View Post
    Ok, the mixer is fixed, and everything is working fine! The SHIFT button was stuck down, and that did something weird with the mixer. Thanks to everybody for suggestions!
    Hi, how did you solved the stuck button situation? I'm having trouble with my load a button getting stuck