Scarlett 2i2 + DJ controller question

Default Scarlett 2i2 + DJ controller question

My Scarlett 2i2 is a 2 in 2 out, so if I used that as my audio interface, with a Mixtrack, then the crowd could hear my beatmatching, thus I wouldn't be able to use headphones to cue, from the front of the 2i2, cause the PA, would be running to the back of my audio interface... The Traktor S2 has RCA out the back, and a headphone port on the front, and that works fine, but I don't even have close to enough to get an S2, nor do I feel comfortable throwing $400-$500 on a controller, when my Akai MPK Mini, works (some what) fine... The Mixtrack looks clean and simple for $100... Pitch faders, jog wheels, effects knobs, cross fader, eq knobs, etc... It has everything u need, minus the on board audio....

My real question is, could I get away with using my Scarlett 2i2 with a Mixtrack (if I get one), and have the back of my 2i2, go to the PA, and then my headphones out the front for cueing?

Thanks!

Tech Mentor

Simple answer is no unless the 2 outputs are stereo which is usually titled up as 4 outs your best bet maybe paying the extra few dollars for a mixtrack pro (has a soundcard built in) which will allow for main and cue outputs

Quote Originally Posted by michael133 View Post
    Simple answer is no unless the 2 outputs are stereo which is usually titled up as 4 outs your best bet maybe paying the extra few dollars for a mixtrack pro (has a soundcard built in) which will allow for main and cue outputs
    Okay, for sure! It's double the price almost, but well worth the $200 imo... My only 2 concerns really was the audio routing, and knob placement, and the mixtrack pro looks pretty sweet on layout + the onboard audio, so that might be my next controller to buy...