differences of Vestax VCI-400 SE vs VCI-400

Default differences of Vestax VCI-400 SE vs VCI-400

Besides the awesomeness of it being reissued and modded with tweaks by techtools could the VCI-400 be configured by a mapping I can download somewhere ? Can a techtool mapping be loaded on the standard VCI-400? -j

Yes they can, the difference though is in the firmware. That is one thing you can only get with the EGE.

Quote Originally Posted by flpanhandler View Post
    Yes they can, the difference though is in the firmware. That is one thing you can only get with the EGE.
    What does the difference in firmware implicate? Are there things that the VCI-400 EGE can do that the normal VCI-400 couldn't?

I am not sure what the EGE firmware adds, but the overview states - 'Containing custom firmware with advanced performance features not available on the standard model,' I am not sure if this just adds higher resolution for the jogs, or what.. But this seems to be the only thing that you can not do through mapping. I know that the mapping for the EGE is floating around in different locations.. traktor bible has some great mappings as well.