Numark n4 vs denon mc3000
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Numark n4 vs denon mc3000

I have a very basic gear as of now.. Hercules mp3 e2 and Akai mini mpk Midi...I have shortlisted numark n4 and mc3k ...traktor s2 is out of my budget...What should I go for?

Out of those I prefer the Numark, lots more features.
    The Denon is built very well and more portable though, just depends what your preference is.
    SC | MC

As an MC3000 Owner, I can tell you that I am very happy with it. The size is great...not too big but still totally usable. If you want to scratch, you may find the bigger N4 jogwheels to be better for that...but otherwise, the MC3000 is pretty sweet. The build quality is awesome...the default traktor mapping is pretty darn good, and having a dedicated filter AND gain knobs in addition to the 3 EQS is very nice (for how I like to mix).
    Traktor: Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, DN-MC3000, DN-X1700
    Ableton: Launchpad, nanoKontrol2, LPK-25, BCR2000

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyNerd View Post
    As an MC3000 Owner, I can tell you that I am very happy with it. The size is great...not too big but still totally usable. If you want to scratch, you may find the bigger N4 jogwheels to be better for that...but otherwise, the MC3000 is pretty sweet. The build quality is awesome...the default traktor mapping is pretty darn good, and having a dedicated filter AND gain knobs in addition to the 3 EQS is very nice (for how I like to mix).

Could any n4 user share his experience of n4 with traktor..also is the denon inbuilt soundcard capable of running a ful pa system as in a club

Tech Convert

that completely depends on how the club has set up, my club always has a djm-900 hooked to a behringer eurodesk SX4882 as the last stage before the amps, if this is the case for you as well it should be no problem to hook up the mc3000 or the n4.

Its no comparison.

The N4 is built and looks like a toy. The Denon is built, and sounds like pro gear.

Tech Guru

Agreed, the N4 is way too plasticy even by Numark standards. The MC3000 may even be better than the S2 for build quality.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by Nikefutbolero View Post
    Its no comparison.

The N4 is built and looks like a toy. The Denon is built, and sounds like pro gear.

Would looks really matter?

Quote Originally Posted by sketosomania View Post
    Would looks really matter?
    Yes since it doesn't JUST look like a toy, it feels like one too.

If it looked like one but felt like pro gear then you can get past the looks.

Tech Guru

The build quality is far more important than the looks. And the Denon is miles ahead of the Numark in both.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast