My DJ booth/gear - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

Thanks HigherFi, Before I bought I bought anything I drew out and thought of my setup for like 6 months... And demo'd gear. Finally I asked for it for christmas from my parents and it came. The setup does have a lot of potential I agree, I hope to incorporate some abelton into it ( I have most of Mad Zach's) packs. My next gear piece will be a maschine... But I have to 1) learn what I have 2) Decide whether to buy my friends MK1 for 200$ or a MK2 for 500.... any Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by HigherFi View Post
    Yeah, you won't get anywhere with remix decks and the Launchpad. You can map it to fire the track/sample in the top slot, like sample decks used to be, but that's it. You can, however, map some effects to it and use it like a midi fighter. I was just looking at your kit thinking how much power you actually have in such a compact rig. Pretty amazing what you can fit in a backpack. Check out Mad Zach's sound packs. TMA's with the over the ear urethane ear cups from the TMA1 Studio are also killer. They just snap right in. Nice rig.
    The LP wont work with remix decks. So the TMA-1 Studio ear cups snap right into the DJ TMA's? Id be interested in that, but I can't find replacement ear cups on their site. any suggestions?
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Tech Mentor

For me, the decision would depend if NI make the jump with Maschine & the remix decks. The RGB pads are worth it, if they do. Then again, you can get a lot of plug ins with the money you save. I just got mine and am rather enamored with it.

I wasn't too happy with my machine...but thats just me, Im thinking about getting a 3d to replace it now, LOVE midi fighters!
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Emery View Post
    The LP wont work with remix decks. So the TMA-1 Studio ear cups snap right into the DJ TMA's? Id be interested in that, but I can't find replacement ear cups on their site. any suggestions?
    Just send Aiaiai an email.

Tech Wizard

For me, the decision would depend if NI make the jump with Maschine & the remix decks. The RGB pads are worth it, if they do. Then again, you can get a lot of plug ins with the money you save. I just got mine and am rather enamored with it.
    Is yours a MK2 or MK1? So, which do you think is a better idea?

Tech Mentor

I have the MK2. It's really budget-oriented, I'd say. Fully contingent on "...the ease of which you acquire such funds." I don't think for a second that the MK2 out performs the MK1 on any musical level. I asked for the old one - received the new one. You could get the MK1 and a copy of LOGIC for less than the MK2 and be covered up with potential for a very, very long time.

Tech Wizard

I have the MK2. It's really budget-oriented, I'd say. Fully contingent on "...the ease of which you acquire such funds." I don't think for a second that the MK2 out performs the MK1 on any musical level. I asked for the old one - received the new one. You could get the MK1 and a copy of LOGIC for less than the MK2 and be covered up with potential for a very, very long time.
    Who did you ask for the maschine 1 and got the MK2? What did they charge you? And I acquire money by... Waiting for the summer to get a job (I'm 14) or waiting to get gifts for christmas and my birthday which is tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hoesterey View Post
    Thanks HigherFi, Before I bought I bought anything I drew out and thought of my setup for like 6 months... And demo'd gear. Finally I asked for it for christmas from my parents and it came. The setup does have a lot of potential I agree, I hope to incorporate some abelton into it ( I have most of Mad Zach's) packs. My next gear piece will be a maschine... But I have to 1) learn what I have 2) Decide whether to buy my friends MK1 for 200$ or a MK2 for 500.... any Ideas?
    Just with Mad Zach's Sound Packs.....you can spend hours and hours loading up samples and getting used to using drum racks with the User 1 Mode with your Launchpad. The real fun is when you start getting a nice collection of samples and etc. and start layering on top of your sets.

I would just try to map out as many things you can with just the Launchpad alone in Ableton and get used to using it. Once you feel like you're hitting roadblock with the lack of knobs and faders (like I did), THEN look into maybe adding something else.

If you're not fully understanding how to map a LP, then the Maschine isn't going to help you any further in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hoesterey View Post
    What is the difference in the logo? Does my s2 have the new logo? And thx for the feedback
    Look at the logos on the jog wheels do this compared to yours
    http://blog.editorskeys.com/wp-conte...ive_L_1400.png

Only slightly different, but it's still the old logo which annoys me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12