Here is my first setup.
    -Ableton Launchpad
    -Traktor Kontrol S2
    -AIAIAI Tma-1 beatport limited edition
    -Macbook Pro 8gb ram.
    Attached Images Attached Images

DJTT Mapping Psycho

Great starter kit!
    Are you using ableton and Traktor on the same system?
    Or do you use the launchpad for other things?

Tech Wizard

I think I will use it like an F1...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hoesterey View Post
    I think I will use it like an F1...
    In ableton?
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

looks good, love the headphones and cap combination.
    wonder if you can buy the platters with the new ttraktor logo separately, my s4 has the old logos

Tech Wizard

What is the difference in the logo? Does my s2 have the new logo? And thx for the feedback

Tech Wizard

No in traktor

Well I see that you have the JWill's Midifighter mapping on your LP. I don't think you can map the LP to do what the F1 does in controlling the remix decks.....I've been trying that for a while and gave up....

You should really look into controlling Ableton with the LP and getting in control of Ableton's drum racks and effects racks.....takes a little research but it's improved my sets and the creative process a whole lot!

We opened for Norman Doray and Funkagenda at Avalon Hollywood a couple of weeks ago and even they were asking about some of our live performance techniques.....although they kicked ass on CDJs!!
    A&H Xone DB4 l (2) Traktor Kontrol X1 MK2 l Maschine MK2 l Traktor Scratch Pro l Ableton
    Avalon (Hollywood) l Exchange LA (Los Angeles) l DS#ARP LA (Los Angeles) l Undercurrent (San Diego) l Frenzy Afterhours (Los Angeles) l AL Party (Los Angeles) l Spin (San Diego) l Sutra (Orange County) l Monarch (San Francisco)

Tech Wizard

Nice, Thanks for the tips... Abelton ( launchpad edition at least) is very over-welming and frustrating for me. How did u learn it? And that gig is nice... I am not trying to downstage you, but I just found out yesterday, from one of my friends that he knows someone who opened up for hardwell recently and I was soooo jelous. The kid is 15 ahhaah

Tech Mentor

Yeah, you won't get anywhere with remix decks and the Launchpad. You can map it to fire the track/sample in the top slot, like sample decks used to be, but that's it. You can, however, map some effects to it and use it like a midi fighter. I was just looking at your kit thinking how much power you actually have in such a compact rig. Pretty amazing what you can fit in a backpack. Check out Mad Zach's sound packs. TMA's with the over the ear urethane ear cups from the TMA1 Studio are also killer. They just snap right in. Nice rig.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast