Beginner advice needed

Default Beginner advice needed

Hi guys

I want to start making EDM as a hobbie and really like the look of doing things with a Midi Fighter. I have been looking through what I might need and I know ill need Traktor but will I need a mixer aswell?

A few other questions I need awnsers before i start doing anything is: -
    Any beginner stepping stones I should take, e.g "Start by using .... before using.... then move on to..."?
    Any tutorials out there I can look at or read up on to get clued up?
    What other possible things might I need before I start doing anything?

I want to be able to make the music using samples and tracks and mixing them and also stuff like "Finger drumming/Beat mashing". As I say I am looking into making this my hobby, Im not looking to be the next big thing or anything like I know plenty of people come here looking for im just looking for a satisfying hobby.

Thanks

Marb

Choose and buy DJ software for your computer, add a Midi fighter. Download or make a map that lets you do what you want with the Midi Fighter within that program. Enjoy.

tons of vids on youtube for the midi fighter
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Quote Originally Posted by Emery View Post
    Choose and buy DJ software for your computer, add a Midi fighter. Download or make a map that lets you do what you want with the Midi Fighter within that program. Enjoy.

tons of vids on youtube for the midi fighter
    Thanks mate

But quick thing. What DJ software would you recommend?

Thanks alot

Marb

Tech Wizard

Start by searching videos on Youtube. Subscribe to Ean Golden channel and pay particular attention to Mad Zach's videos on this very subject.

Before using anything. Do more research. Learn the difference between MAKING EDM and DJ'ing. and decide which direction you would like to go and then start to choose the right software/hardware.

Then move on to asking specific questions that you may have about hardware of software. Everyone can give you their opinion on what works best for them, but no one can tell you what will work best for you.

X

Im trying not to be bias. All programs are worth looking into, however Traktor would probably have the most pre-made maps for the midi fighter. It is also what I use. I strongly recommend looking at the other programs out there and finding whats best for you
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Quote Originally Posted by DJXpoZur View Post
    Start by searching videos on Youtube. Subscribe to Ean Golden channel and pay particular attention to Mad Zach's videos on this very subject.

Before using anything. Do more research. Learn the difference between MAKING EDM and DJ'ing. and decide which direction you would like to go and then start to choose the right software/hardware.

Then move on to asking specific questions that you may have about hardware of software. Everyone can give you their opinion on what works best for them, but no one can tell you what will work best for you.

X
    Already have, been watching alot of it but some of the stuff still kinda confuses me so im trying to watch abit of everything from the channel to see what i can pick up.

I do know the difference and Ive decided I want to DJ as thats whats interesting me more really.

Thanks alot for the help mate.

You got a laptop already?

If still say get an s2
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    You got a laptop already?

If still say get an s2
    I do indeed.

Thats what I want but the price is a little high for me. Any good cheaper alternatives?