The Psychedelic Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Once watched The Wall......while on psychedelics....

dodgey.....
    lol i did that too. a bit much at times, but worth the ride !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuQHT7nmYHU

thats awesome, even 20 years later.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I stumbled across this and I thought you guys might enjoy it

It's a trippy ass video for a Dubstep release preview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ThK5VeMn5w
    Last edited by BentoSan; 03-30-2010 at 12:20 PM.
    Setup: Kontrol S2, Komplete Audio 6, Maschine Mikro Akai LPD 8, Akai Mpk49, Traktor 2, Ableton Suite 8.
    http://soundcloud.com/miishmash

Everyone should watch Meet the Feebles while tripping at least once

Man those kiwis have a sick sense of humor eh *cough*
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I dunno. I am funny that way. Totally in control all the way....until someone puts a movie on. I almost scarred myself watching cartoons without the sound. We had the sound turned down and music playing. So your mind kinda makes a story up....you just watch the pictures. Haha....almost cried watching Toy Story like this and Timon and Pumba. Lol.....whackness......
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Man, I miss the good old days.. hanging out in the local coffee shop listening to Skinny Puppy and scaring the hippies

Here's todays classic track plus a little trivia

In 1999 some big things happened with goa/ psytrance. The style started changing from the more melodic, pure sound of goa to the more i guess dance floor friendly psytrance style. Basically fatter kicks and bass, a more glitchy, slightly less melodic style started to emerge.
    Paul Oakenfold was invited to play in israel at a party and heard psytrance for the first time, and fell in love with it. He then released a mix album called "A Voyage Into Trance", an absolute classic album by all accounts. Infected mushroom, although not considered Psy by any means these days, released their first album "The Gathering", which they actually wrote on a playstation one! Europe and the UK embraced this style with open arms, although there were dozens of underground DJ's playing this stuff in the UK and Germany since before time began i might add. The Goa style sort of faded into obscurity and was replaced by progressive goa, until about 2002 when some of the big names started to revert back to the classic style, albeit with a more cutting edge sound.
    Coffee Time
    Last edited by BentoSan; 03-30-2010 at 12:21 PM.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    thats awesome, even 20 years later.
    haha man I used to listen to their stuff so much. I think i discovered them by searching "acid house" on napster/kazaa back in the day. classic

well having "acid" in your band name helps. i heard them a bit back in the day

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast