Traktor S4 with Rokit 8's?

Default Traktor S4 with Rokit 8's?

I got a question i know it might be a little stupid to you guys but is it ok for me to hook up my KRK Rokit 8's directly to my Traktor S4 using 1/4 " chords... i have done it and it works and all but even if i crank my Traktor all the way up it isn't very loud... if I get an audio interface would it make my sound louder? if so... what interface do you suggest for an Ableton, Traktor, MacBook user with a medium sized room for under $200? I really don't know too much about speakers and it seems as if everything is a little complicated, sorry for wasting your time and space on this forum but just need this quick question answered so i can replace my shitty speakers with these KRKristmas presents...

I can't really help you with that, but it bothers me that you said it doesn't get loud. I have my Rokit 5's hooked up via 1/4" and they get pretty damn loud.. The 8s should be even louder. Have you changed the settings on the back of the KRKs? Have you tried using the S4 just as a soundcard? as in playing something in Itunes when the S4 is plugged in
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Default mehn

Quote Originally Posted by Emery View Post
    I can't really help you with that, but it bothers me that you said it doesn't get loud. I have my Rokit 5's hooked up via 1/4" and they get pretty damn loud.. The 8s should be even louder. Have you changed the settings on the back of the KRKs? Have you tried using the S4 just as a soundcard? as in playing something in Itunes when the S4 is plugged in
    wow... such an idiot I never even thought to think of turning it up on the back... thank you so much for even tryna answer my stupid question man... appreciate it a lot you're a mehn

Make sure you are using balanced cables. On my setup I have a usb M-Audio Fast Track Ultra which I route the S-4 into TRS--TRS. TRS--XLR output to my Rokit 8. I had unbalanced cables before and there is big difference