"Gabber With Style" Hardcore Techno Podcast via iTunes & Soundcloud

Exclamation "Gabber With Style" Hardcore Techno Podcast via iTunes & Soundcloud

mza_5500700931352406074.170x170-75.jpg

Finally got this podcast going and for you ladies that like it hardcore 160 - 200 bpm mixes. From Mainstream Hardcore, New School, Old School, True School. Be kind and leave a review even if its not nice. Thanks to all.

iTunes
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Mentor

Man what do you have against vegetables?

Downloaded, will check soon. Appreciate tracklist.
    !!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer
    Chat With Us In (Unofficial) DJTT IRC @
    irc://irc.rizon.net/djtt

LoLz... and now I found out this thread.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

I listened to your mix on my macbook speakers. Here's my feedback.

- I like hardcore of various styles, cut my teeth on oldschool Gabber but mostly don't really like modern Hardstyle and associated scenes from NL. I feel like elements of Happy Hardcore merged into the music and never quite left and that doesn't really work for my taste. So while it's super banging ass hard tracks and I like the bassdrum, I didn't enjoy most of the track selection. Tracks went well together and it was a reasonable progression. I am surprised to the degree some tracks cross over with Hard Drum N' Bass, like your intro track and a few tracks near the end. I enjoyed "Nightmare Mash Up" and "System Crash" more than most other tracks.

- Levels and transitions are good throughout. I presume mix was done with sync or equivalent, because phasing is dead on. Phrasing was solid in general, though one can set ones watch to the predictable phrasing of this style of music, heh.

Thanks for posting, and keep at it!
    !!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer
    Chat With Us In (Unofficial) DJTT IRC @
    irc://irc.rizon.net/djtt

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    LoLz... and now I found out this thread.

a little late buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomer View Post
    I listened to your mix on my macbook speakers. Here's my feedback.

- I like hardcore of various styles, cut my teeth on oldschool Gabber but mostly don't really like modern Hardstyle and associated scenes from NL. I feel like elements of Happy Hardcore merged into the music and never quite left and that doesn't really work for my taste. So while it's super banging ass hard tracks and I like the bassdrum, I didn't enjoy most of the track selection. Tracks went well together and it was a reasonable progression. I am surprised to the degree some tracks cross over with Hard Drum N' Bass, like your intro track and a few tracks near the end. I enjoyed "Nightmare Mash Up" and "System Crash" more than most other tracks.

- Levels and transitions are good throughout. I presume mix was done with sync or equivalent, because phasing is dead on. Phrasing was solid in general, though one can set ones watch to the predictable phrasing of this style of music, heh.

Thanks for posting, and keep at it!
    Thanks on the feedback. No Sync was used during this mix, just a lot of planning pre and post production of the podcast. Mixes were done with Serato SSL with Rane 57, 2x 1200's. Mix was saved to the as bridge file and was in edited in Ableton Live for get volume, limiter and compression just right.

I get hated on the smooth mixes all the time, and TBH its decades of practicing and being able to hear what tracks blend well. Ill be honest with you, I sound 100x better live and do a lot of stuff on the fly. A lot of the edits you hear in the podcast are my own edits from Depeche Mode to whatever acapella or amen break i can get my hands on. Ive been playing Hardcore since the early 90s and have mad respect for all Hard Dance DJs & Producers.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    a little late buddy.
    Now ya tellz me!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --