Mapping Problems
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Mapping Problems

Hey guys; first off I hope this post isn't being re-posted but I searched the forums and even Google to help me solve this problem but to no avail. I'm just getting into mapping in Traktor Pro 2.5 and I wanted to map multiple functions to a button so I tried to "create" the modifier but every time I press "shift" the program doesn't learn it...it remains as "n/a". I don't understand why this ONE button cannot be learned (I'm referring to the actual shift button on my midi controller). When I DL pre-made mapping...the shift button works fine as the modifier; Also, I can make the program learn any other button to be the modifier except shift...:S I really don't understand why it wouldn't even be registering in the software. Looking forward to some help guys, thanks.
    P.S Like I said the shift button works with pre made mapping and the LED works etc So I know the button does indeed work.
    Oh I'm using American Audio VMS4

Never used a VMS4, but if its not showing anything when you press it in the controller manager, then maybe its a hardware shift button. Meaning that when you press it, it changes the midi commands sent out by the button in the controller itself.

Easy way to test, put learn midi on, press a button (any button apart from shift), note the midi note on the screen, then hold down shift and press the same button again. If the midi note changes, then its hardware. If not.... well then I have no idea.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Im assuming that button doesnt send midi. I am running into that with my controller. Numark idj3.

Just gotta deal with what you have.

moved to the mappings section
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

But you say it send MIDI when using other mappings?

Tech Wizard

Try using midiyoke or another midi sniffer to see if data is being sent, try playing with the port in settings as well in tractor, doesn't this machine come with some midi documentation?
    DJR-400//VCI-400//VCI-100(MK1)//padKontrol//KP3//Maschine//APC40

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

If 'ctrl' blinks in blue the MIDI is sent.

Tech Wizard

That's right if it blinks, you need to find out what it is , you can use midiyoke to sniff out the data, although if traktor receives it why wouldn't it interpret it. What is your midi port set to ? Could you try with an empty mapping if you haven't done so ?
    DJR-400//VCI-400//VCI-100(MK1)//padKontrol//KP3//Maschine//APC40

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    But you say it send MIDI when using other mappings?
    Yeah! So weird...I downloaded two different mapping from two different creators...If you were to press just the SHIFT button...the light beside the CTRL on the software does not light up... indicating no midi signal right? But when I use the SHIFT button with other buttons...it changes the function so I know with the mapping that this button does indeed act as the modifier :S

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by soulpixel View Post
    That's right if it blinks, you need to find out what it is , you can use midiyoke to sniff out the data, although if traktor receives it why wouldn't it interpret it. What is your midi port set to ? Could you try with an empty mapping if you haven't done so ?
    Mhm I cleaned the slate and started a completely new mapping. When I press the SHIFT button the light beside the CTRL does not light up but this button does act as a modifier for mapping I've DLed from the net. Are you referring to the In and Out port? If so...I have them both set to "All ports".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast