2x Kontrol S2 and Traktor Pro 2 issues
    Tech Student

Default 2x Kontrol S2 and Traktor Pro 2 issues

Hey guys, me and my mate both own a Kontrol S2 and we are trying to get one to control decks a and b, and the other c and d. The problem here is because they are identical, they seem to clash and one doesn't send midi signals to the computer. I have a feeling the hid controls clash, and it can only pick up one at a time.

We tried generic midi and the in/out ports recognised both of the S2's, but when using the default mode it only shows the one S2.

We are looking for a way to fix this, would anybody be able to help?

Thanks in advance

Did you accidentally set one s2 to your in, his s2 to your out and his s2 to his laptops in port and your s2 to your outport?
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by dubyou View Post
    Did you accidentally set one s2 to your in, his s2 to your out and his s2 to his laptops in port and your s2 to your outport?
    Well it's the same computer, so when trying to set the mapping of both to the default, it only says there is one S2

Well it's the same computer, so when trying to set the mapping of both to the default, it only says there is one S2
    Lol.

Your answer is within your first post and in this last one. My guess is that there will be no way to fix this apart from using at least one midi mapping (one S2 in midi mode). I don't know of any method that would allow to change the hid signal(s) to different ones.
    Last edited by Yul; 01-19-2013 at 09:41 AM.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.