Filter Knobs - No auto on?

Default Filter Knobs - No auto on?

I've been browsing around for quite a while now trying to figure this out but does anyone know how / if it is possible to disable the filter knobs from automatically turning on and assign a button specifically for the purposes of turning it on / off.

(I have tried to map "filter on" on a button and it works for turning it on/off but when I go to reset the knob it just turns back on.)

I have an APC 40 as well and even when mapping filter adjust alone it acts the same as the knobs on the default S4 config.

//
    Traktor 2.6 w/ Kontrol S4 (Default configuration)

I don't think that would be possible, it's something quite specific to the s4 filter knobs. Turning the knob would always activate the filter, it's not something that can be overridden, it's inscribed within the firmware and because you can't map a knob or fader as a button in the native mode, you won't have any solution (apart from dropping the embedded mapping and creating a user one or using a midi mapping).
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yul View Post
    I don't think that would be possible, it's something quite specific to the s4 filter knobs. Turning the knob would always activate the filter, it's not something that can be overridden, it's inscribed within the firmware and because you can't map a knob or fader as a button in the native mode, you won't have any solution (apart from dropping the embedded mapping and creating a user one or using a midi mapping).
    Hmm, while this is true to the S4 would you have any ideas behind an APC40 acting the same after mapped?

when I go to reset the knob it just turns back on.)
    on what controller are you talking about here, the s4 or the apc?
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yul View Post
    on what controller are you talking about here, the s4 or the apc?
    Talking the apc there, sorry for the confusion.

Sorry for my language so if I understand correctly:

you've mapped both an on/off button on your apc that activates/deactivates the filter and a filter knob that's just supposed to control the filter parameter. And even with your button on the off position, turning the knob on the apc still activats the filter on, right?

Weird, but the s4 bundle (hardware/software) packs quite a few things like that.

Try the following, add a modifier that is your button (on/off) - keep its function - as a toggling modifier (0 goes to 1, 1 goes to 0) and add that modifier condition to the filter knob and see if that may solve the issue.

What about the in and out ports, do you think that could have an influence? How are they set on the apc?

If that doesn't work, I don't have a clue and that may be worth sending a question/ticket to NI's support.
    Latest mix