Ableton as a external effect machine
    Tech Convert

Default Ableton as a external effect machine

Is it possible to use Ableton effects and route them to an external mixer. I got a Denon X-600 and what to route ableton via USB and just use the effects.

Tech Wizard

yip
    Long live the Noob Wizard

Tech Convert

how?

Tech Wizard

Okay, I will assume you have a 2 channel (Left and right in and Out) Audio interface, if not get one.
    Now create an audio channel
    Throw in all the effect's you want in the respective channel, don't forget you can drop stuff like comp's, eq's, exciter's and limiter's in the master just to keep everything under control.
    Create a signal path. the easist being going out of your mixer into the interface from the interface to you audio out eg,monitors, PA system, etc.
    Arm your track, then when you play, a signal should go through your Audio channel and you should hear the effects.

Now by no means am I a 21st century DJ, So look at this as a noob set up. very easy very basic. Use your imagination and try new ways to improve this and you should get to that analogue/digital dj set up that you wanna get to.

I thought the 600 had an onboard soundcard?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

Like I said, I'm not much of a DJ, so I would not know.

The 600 has a send return as well so do what kamikaze said and use a small sound card with 1 stereo in and 1 stereo out (unless you have something else lying around) and use the send return to send channels into ableton. Are you using Traktor? Ideally you'll also want to sync ableton's bpm to Traktor (or whatever your music source is) so that beat synced effects work properly.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

So much of options, simply KISS the situation, look at Ableton or Traktor in your situation as an Effect unit, your main goal is to get audio in and out and the rest will all fall into place.

If only it were that simple!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

I got a Denon X-600 I got my Mac connected. I think it have send and return via usb. My music comes from my cdplayers DN-S3700. I wonder if I can use the ableton effects and send them in to my mixer and use to my songs. I dont own ableton, just wondering if I can do this if I buy it.