Firmware feature suggestion
    Tech Convert

Default Firmware feature suggestion

I have a problem with my Vestax VCI400 ... I don't think can be solved by users, maybe by the Vestax engineers.

I need to use 2 CDJ, or a microphone and a CDJ, or 2 microphones as live input on the Traktor decks C/D to be able to use its effects.

With firmware prior to 2.0 was enough for me to put on the back of the console switches on Deck C/D and set the inputs in traktor preferences...
    So far so good.

In the firmware 2.0 has been added to the possibility to have a "physical" mixer on deck C/D so if you move the switch on the back of the console on Deck C/D signal is sent to traktor, but is also sent directly to the hardware channels and then comes out a mess!

Now I tought, why not suggest to the vestax this solution?
    -The switches on the back like now
    -The external signal is sent on channel "physical" C/D decks only if the switch on the front panel is in position 1 or 2 (track deck, sample/remix decks), but NOT when they are in position 3 (live input)

What do you think about that?
    Last edited by labodj; 01-06-2013 at 11:00 AM.

Tech Wizard

Good idea - but maybe not so easy to implement as the firmware for audio is apart from the firmware for midi in the vci-400s.
    For instance in the 400ege firmware these front switches change the midi outs for the buttons of the transport section to allow 3 different pages of functionality there. So if your suggestion would be implemented for the audio part of the firmware (that is exactly identical and shared for ege and standard versions) how could compatibility with the ege midi be accomplished?

However ege users have exactly the same problem you described when routing external audio into traktor with the vestax v2.0 upgrade (audio). That's why i am still using the original audio fimware.

Alternative idea:

What if the switches on the back would allow switching betwen either "input to internal only" (like in the first firmware) and "input to mixer channel C/D" ( like in the v2) . The current option in v2 to switch between "input to master" vs "input to mixer channel C/D" is obsolete at least for me.

Tech Convert

I currently don't know how the firmware implements midi and audio parts... If the internal cpu can read any switch status and can manage audio and midi parts independently it would be easy to do what I said whitout changing midi part... With your solution we'll lose the pass through feature if I understood correctly.

Anyway your solution is easy and clean.
    Last edited by labodj; 01-09-2013 at 06:49 PM.