Should I keep my Xone 92?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Should I keep my Xone 92?

I'm new to the forum, so I'd like to start off buying saying hello. Hello. I've had a Xone 92 for a little while now, and honestly, aside from the basic features of it, I don't know what I'm doing half the time. I only use the hpf filter and that works great for me. So I feel like the 92 is a bit of an overkill for me. I play Nu-Disco/New Wave/Tropical House so my focus is mostly on transitions and track selection. I’d also really like to record my sets at home and I’ve had a couple of issues trying to do so with the 92. I never take my equipment out of my home, and I play with whatever is available at the venue I'm booked at, so it’s not like I’m playing out with the 92. I received the 92 as a hand me down, and I know it can fetch me big bucks. So I figured sell the 92, buy a DJM 350 with the simple record to USB feature, and buy some Rokits, as I currently use decent computer speakers.

Pretty sure you guys are going to think I’m crazy, but I’d like to hear opinions regardless. I wish I had someone to show me more with the Xone, as I haven’t been to successful in finding tutorials online. So yeah.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I'll trade you a nearly new Z2 + some cash for your 92.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I'll trade you a Xone 42 + Cash for your 92

The HPF (and filters in general) are not going to be as good on basically any other mixer. The 92's filters are legendary. You said you were having issues with recording - what were they? You should be able to put record out into basically any sound card.

Also get monitors. Rockits are fine. Other brands are good too. Anyting is going to be better than PC speakers. Nothing has improved my mixing and producing more than getting proper monitors. Did I say get monitors?

you mite kick you self as later on in time.. there no reason why you cant record out the 92!? my theory is you better off with a top class old mixer than a mid/low range new (unless you want midi/usb/dvs).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I'll trade you a nearly new Z2 + some cash for your 92.
    If I decide to sell it, I'll post it up on here.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nick V View Post
    The HPF (and filters in general) are not going to be as good on basically any other mixer. The 92's filters are legendary. You said you were having issues with recording - what were they? You should be able to put record out into basically any sound card.

Also get monitors. Rockits are fine. Other brands are good too. Anyting is going to be better than PC speakers. Nothing has improved my mixing and producing more than getting proper monitors. Did I say get monitors?
    I've been using Audacity to record. Unfortunately, it always seems to freeze halfway through. Should I be using other software? I heard Garageband is pretty good.

Tech Guru

I use Reaper to record but any DAW should do a decent job.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Tech Guru

And in response to your original question I've always used A&H mixers. Wouldn't swap them for anything else and the 92 is a superb model. I'd keep it.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast