How to achieve this vocal effect

Default How to achieve this vocal effect

Hey friends!

Just a quick question. Terrible enough, that actually use a Taylor Swift track as my source, but there is this one small vocal trick they did at around 3:12, that im interested in. I already tried a lot of filtering and distortion, but can't quite get my vocals to sound similar.

It's probably simple as hell, but can anyone help me out with this? Any help would be highly apreciated.

To save you any further listening or even watching the 2 (!) min intro, I'm posting a direct link to the point of the track im referring to: http://youtu.be/vNoKguSdy4Y?t=3m12s
    Last edited by Kill.I.am; 01-08-2013 at 12:39 PM.

Honestly that just sounds like straight up distortion to me, maybe a little high pass filter to take out some of the bass. I don't hear much more than that really.

OK, I will keep trying, thank you

Maybe a light touch with a vocoder aswell.

find a bitcrusher with distortion... pretty much all bitcrushers have both as they both change the audio signal in very similar ways, the best I have used though is Ohmicide by OhmBoys as you can distort each band individually and it produces a really full sound. I can't believe taylor swift made a dubstep track LOL
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

I can't believe taylor swift made a dubstep track LOL
    I know that feeling. I'll try Ohmicide, thanks for the advice!

to be fair it totally isnt a dub step track. Its a pseudo-dub step track. Its like the producer was too much of a pussy to actually commit to doing a real one. In short...lame.

could be what was already stated but also could be izotope vinyl and distortion

could be what was already stated but also could be izotope vinyl and distortion
    There are always free gems that one doesn't know, will definitely have a look into that.

http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/vinyl/