The City of Miami seeks to Cancel the 2nd Weekend of Ultra Music Festival

Default The City of Miami seeks to Cancel the 2nd Weekend of Ultra Music Festival

from dubstep.net (http://www.dubstep.net/blog/city-of-...music-festival)

"Just a few short months before the massive Ultra Music Festival is scheduled to be held in Miami's Bayfront Park, The City of Miami (particularly Vice Chairman Marc Sarnoff) have introduced a resolution to put a permanent hold on the second weekend of the Festival. The resolution asserts that the festival would be excessively disruptive to residents and local businesses for reasons of noise, traffic, and disorderly conduct; if passed, this resolution would once again limit the festival to a single weekend.

In opposition to this resolution, our good friend and industry supporter EDMSnob has organized a petition urging the council to withdraw this resolution.

"As attendees, fans, and supporters of Ultra Music Festival, we are adamantly opposed to the City of Miami's Proposed Resolution that would divest the Bayfront Park Management Trust of the power to authorize Ultra Music Festival to hold their event for two weekends. We oppose this for several reasons." - EDMSnob

Of primary interest in the Snob's petition is the interesting fact Ultra Music Festival injected $79 million into the South Florida economy in 2012 alone, and that was with the festival limited to it's standard one-weekend format. The scheduled expansion of this event will not only enhance these already extraordinary numbers, it would far exceed (if not entirely mitigate) the minor inconvenience caused to local businesses and residents.

For further details, please read the petition points listed below, and consider lending your support to a cause that reflects a unjust and completely unwarranted prejudice against the EDM Community at large:

CITY OF MIAMI COMMISSION: Withdraw the Resolution to Cancel the 2nd Weekend of Ultra Music Festival

To sign the petition and support the community we all love and respect, follow the link below and fill out the simple web-form. Spread the word and help make a difference for the artists, festival-goers, and Miami Residents alike!"

SIGN THE PETITION
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Signed
    "Feed the Soul, Starve the Ego"
    Me and her weren't meant to last. But me and music, now that's forever.
    | Navy Delayed Entry Program | Shipping Out June 13, 2013 | Aircrew | C/O 13 |

personal note:

i also signed it. not because it´s the ultra music festival but for the reason of cities/goverments/politicians always seeking for really stupid reasons to hijack festivals/parties like that. i´d never attend a festival like that, cause i´ve never been interested in line ups like that, the stupid stupid prices as well as for the reason that i´m more the intimate clubbing type of guy.

but still, it is f*ckin intolerable to let those guys get through with they´re flimsy justifications.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Banned

Thank god I bought tickets to the first weekend. Either way, I doubt it's getting cancelled second weekend.

Eh......I kinda agree. two weekends in a row is hella annoying for residents. If you have been you know the shit show that ensues at ultra, both during the week and on the weekend. But it would suck for people trying to go.

Also shouldn't ultra be making this fight not EDM snob? Finally should ultra have checked into this before hand? I'm not in the know to know, so I'm just curious.

Tech Guru

[QUOTE=guiltyblade;571731]Eh......I kinda agree. two weekends in a row is hella annoying for residents. If you have been you know the shit show that ensues at ultra, both during the week and on the weekend. But it would suck for people trying to go.

[QUOTE]

I doubt they'll shut it down, but yeah Ultra in downtown MIA is a mess. Most locals avoid that part of town with all the idiots roaming the streets. Usually the WMC parties are much funner. This line below in a local article sums it up well. Come home to your downtown highrise and see this:

"I happen to have an office in the Miami Center. We average about 30 people a day either urinating, defecating, or throwing up in our building, in the traffic garage,"

Doubt they'll shut it down though.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

A good lawyer plus a few extra bucks and the second weekend will happen... money talks.