Questions and Decision- Maschine together with Traktor Setup and usage
    Tech Convert

Default Questions and Decision- Maschine together with Traktor Setup and usage

Hello DJTT Comunity,

Im new at writing but not new at reading here

Im a DJ and not a producer but maybe later I will do remixes of tracks and making my own. (that’s just or information)

So the last weeks I watched very massive the videos regarding the F1 and also the maschine.

I mapped the 4 remix decks slots to my MF Classic and play a little bit with it.
    Its really cool and I like to add vocals and snares and so on on my playing track.

So far so good

I think my mapping for the Remix decks is enough to thorugh one shots and samples in (later maybe I buy me a F1)

But for now I have only the money for one additional controller so either F1 or Maschine.

No the interesting and confusing part.

Mainly I think I wanna play like dubfire with the maschine- as I understand it right he synced traktor with maschine and brings on top of the track snares, his and kicks in with the maschine.

So but im not familiar with the Maschine and also I don’t know if he do that what I mentoid 

And at every research I have done I found very much videos regarding “sync the maschine with traktor and so on” but nothing regarding what can be done or how you can play if you have synced the maschine with traktor  also I found very often the wording “he use step sequenzer”.

So my questions are:

What can be done if the Maschine is Synced with traktor?
    What does the “step sequenzer” thing do or is and what can it be used for?
    What I need Maschine, Maschine Micro or MK2 ?
    What do Dubfire or Hawtin with the Maschine?

My conclusion would be:

I handle the Voice Samples via my 8Slot Remix Deck Mapping with the MF Classic
    And put snares and stuff like that with maschine on top of playing track(benefits of buying maschine first is that I wanna produce later own track and this I can only do with the maschine)

Also as I understand my research regarding the “step sequenzer” right than I can record a playing track from traktor to maschine and live remix/realign/edit the track with the patter of the maschine?

So many questions and I hope you can help me with my decision of buying first a F1 or a Maschine (Micro ,MK2 or the normal big one, also MK2 or normal)

And sorry in advance for my maybe stupid questions :/

Thank you!

Tech Convert

Thanks scooterADAM!

Have read the whole Thread and I think a combination of F1 and Maschine would be the best for me (so both)

Cause I think I wann produce Loops with the Maschine and use it with the F1.

So but i have only actually money or one controller so maybe anyone can help me to figure out if this would be ok:

I think in first step o buying a Maschine Mikro. Cause producing loops for the F1 i do at a diferent MAC and its no problem to deal with the mouse instead of the knobs what the big maschine have.

Now the most important point is as long I dont have a F1 i want to bring the Maschine Mikro into my DJ Setup.
    I definetly want to use the Step Sequenzer most- to add a snare or a hi or something else in my DJ set.

I dont find any video regarding this in combination with Traktor and Maschine Mikro- If i find any video than i only see the big maschine doing this.

So its also possible with Maschine Mikro ? Than i would buy this first cause its pretty small so good for DJ Booth and all i want is add a few drums and snares on a playing track.

Thank you for helping me.

pretty sure the mikro can be setup to step sequence just like the full one, but ask yourself are you really just gonna use it as a step sequencer? are not gonna be tempted to make some beats with it?

it is more portable but if it were me I would always go for the full one, after you start playing with it you will most probably want to delve deeper and that is where the knobs and bigger screen come in... so good to sit down on the couch with it on your lap and just plug away without even looking at the lappy

for me maschine has been like crack, had no real intention to jump into the black hole for time that is production, I would quickly get bored when mucking around with DAWs, but one hit and now I can't stop...

Tech Convert

good point scooterADAM!

Mhh that i must decied between a Fullsize Maschine and a Mikro maybe than better a Full Size.

But for sure than I dont add a F1 cause this would be blast the size of most dj booth :/ !

Grrrrr hopefully they open the F1 support for Maschine.

Thanks