best decks for beginners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default best decks for beginners

hi, i am just starting out djing on my computer and am looking at getting some decks. what is the best system to start on. i have been looking at the tractor s2 and from what i have read seems ok to learn on. any advise?

s2, Mixtrack Pro, MC3000, Twitch

S2, F1, TP2, Zomo HD1200

http://soundcloud.com/sam-hulley

Tech Convert

what do u think guys about terminal mix jogwheels? i read that they are one of the best for now.

Dude, search the forums here, this question comes up every half-hour.

You will see a lot of: Buy NI gear
    And a lot of: CDJs are the future
    And much: Technics or bust
    Not much: BCD3000
    No: DJ hero

Read, read, read, try demos of traktor, vdj, try mixxx, read some more, go to the store and play with the gear they have, talk to DJ friends, read more.
    Then ask: I have choices A, B and C, I like them all, what do you like about the choices. Then read some more. You will be amazed at how much info is on this forum.

Welcome to the forum by the way.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

If I were you, decide what software you like. If it's serato, look at Terminal Mix, as they have very good jogs, but not as good for the s2 for Traktor. I have had Numark Mixtrack Pro, and s2, and both are very good. One much cheaper than the other. Start on a MTP, and decide your software, then sell it and move on to something you know you want (If you want to continue DJing).

But as said above, this is asked over and over again. Also look at digitaldjtips.com at their controller guide. Extremely useful

S2, F1, TP2, Zomo HD1200

http://soundcloud.com/sam-hulley

Tech Wizard

As stated... Choose your hardware then buy the controller that suits the software and your needs. Depending on what type of dj you are.. I have a mixtrack pro for my digital djing start (previously had vinyl). and i am already looking to move on as it does not have enough buttons for my liking, but is very nice equipment.
    It is down to software really though as you can make any controller do what you want with the correct mapping, but some controller just work better and integrate better with different software.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hulley View Post
    s2, Mixtrack Pro, MC3000, Twitch
    +1 for the MC3000
    Traktor: Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, DN-MC3000, DN-X1700
    Ableton: Launchpad, nanoKontrol2, LPK-25, BCR2000

Tech Convert

Referring to the digitadjtips.com, terminal mix have "best jogwheels in the business", so probably they are better than in traktor s2

Quote Originally Posted by Freezak View Post
    what do u think guys about terminal mix jogwheels? i read that they are one of the best for now.
    I own TM2 and I'm pleased with it. It's good with Serato Intro, BUT Traktor mappings are complete crap for it. There aren't much of Traktor users for it and "official mappings" are pure carbage for it, they're buggy and don't work as they're supposed to. Serato is fine though and jogwheels are nice compared to any other in its pricerange. You can get it now bundled with Serato DJ -software which I'd recommend.

Anyway if you're planning to play hip hop, rap and music that you want "vinyl like" control over, I know there's nothing in its pricerange that compares...(at least in € prices)

The Terminal Mix is a fantastic Serato controller and the jog wheels are superb. It normally comes with Serato DJ Intro which is adequate enough to get started but there's a promotion on at the moment where you can get the full version of Serato DJ in the box.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast