Reliability - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reliability

Quote Originally Posted by jprime View Post
    And I guarantee there's someone out there who has had the exact opposite experience with the same products lol
    YOU SIR!!!!...... are correct

never the less to answer the original question
    Personally i dont think its the dj software you mentioned above that would be your biggest problem if you ever had one.
    Instead the issue to first correct would be...... is your computer proper for what you want to do

You can have the best software for all eternity but if its controlled by your PC and that sucks
    youre just going to blame it on the software.

I kept having recent problems with glitch sounds in my Traktor Pro only to find out, its working fine

i just forgot to turn off two things on my laptop.

Like I said in my first post: IMO, you will not have major issues with either on a newish MAC. Not to start pc / mac arguments, but as professional DJ, you should use software / hardware combos that have proven reliability. There are many big-name DJs that rock huge shows with Traktor and Serato; everyone I see uses an Apple computer. Youtube festival videos of A-Trak, Craze, Hawtin, whoever... these guys all rely upon DJ software to rock huge shows.

Tech Mentor

Serato will work better with lower spec computers. I have used both on multiple computers. Serato only crashed when I had plugged it into the wrong USB on my mac. Took 5 years for that to happen and was my fault. Traktor was acting shady the first year. My buddy uses Serato on a crap PC laptop with tracks from a torrent site, and he analyzes the files when he loads them into a deck at the club and never has problems(I know he's crazy). My 2 cents.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Traktor tends to be more problematic on non optimized PCs due to it's higher requirements but it will work fine a C2D and up if you keep a clean system or dual boot. As a general rule for both programs, stay away from OS updates until you are sure your hardware is 100% compatible with it.

Tech Wizard

I do have a Mac Pro! Thankfully. Would you guys recommend creating another user just for djing and have everything turned off?

I just turn everything off after a fresh reboot. Never have had an issue on my '11 Macbook Pro beside having shitty needles / scratched records lol
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DJ7Star View Post
    I do have a Mac Pro! Thankfully. Would you guys recommend creating another user just for djing and have everything turned off?
    i tried this
    honestly, it was just easier to manually turn everything off myself on a normal boot
    Also... dont forget to turn off your ETHERNET card / connection (both of them, wireless and the port)

Tech Wizard

Ok cool thank you

For weddings this is all you need:

- a good personality
    - mixer
    - Mic (wireless)x2
    - laptop
    - iTunes

That's it... other then speakers
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Serato is the most stable in my experience and I've used

Serato, mixvibes, traktor and even pcdj
    Last edited by DjLiquitATL; 03-14-2013 at 08:01 PM. Reason: spelling
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast