Reliability
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reliability

Tech Wizard

Default Reliability

Is serato more reliable then traktor? I'm a wedding DJ and am looking to see wich is the better option. Wich controller/software package choice would probably be s2 or twitch. Thank you

Tech Wizard

What do you use now and what's wrong with it? Why do you want to upgrade?

You're going to get a ton of varied opinions (well maybe not cuz this sub forum isn't very active) but IMO, on a newish mac, both Traktor or Serato with a controller should be extremely reliable. A negligible difference depending on certain variables; I wouldn't worry about it though. Pick what you like.
    Last edited by DJ SB; 01-14-2013 at 02:33 AM.

What SB said.

Pick what suits you best!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

I did go with traktor, I figured since most people on forums are saying they like it, that that's the one.

I used to have an S4 and never had a single major glitch. Enjoy!

I've found serato to be about 1000 times more reliable, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by jprime View Post
    I've found serato to be about 1000 times more reliable, yes.
    Based on ?
    Compared to ?
    Owned what ?

Advise like this is personal opinion, but has no value if not based on real facts.
    I've own(ed) 2 DVS systems (TSP & Serato)...both had bugs..but have crashed in the early stage.
    Now, with proper configuration & hardware...I NEVER had a problem I couldn't solve @ gigs (preparation is key).
    If they don’t want to see the light…..just make them feel the beat…..

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDrama View Post
    Based on ?
    Compared to ?
    Owned what ?

Advise like this is personal opinion, but has no value if not based on real facts.
    I've own(ed) 2 DVS systems (TSP & Serato)...both had bugs..but have crashed in the early stage.
    Now, with proper configuration & hardware...I NEVER had a problem I couldn't solve @ gigs (preparation is key).
    I currently own Traktor Scratch pro, scratch live, and ITCH. Had Traktor since version 2.

Using Traktor with a controller, I have had numerous crashes, freezes, and audio glitches. This was initially running an Alienware Area-51m laptop with 2 GB ram & Windows XP.
    Using the same laptop with serato scratch live I had no issues....but the comparison is moot since I'd be comparing apples (controller setup) to oranges (DVS setup).

I upgraded my laptop to a macbook pro, dual core 2.4 GHZ, 4GB ram. Using Traktor & controller I still had issues (similar to above, consistent frequency of issues as well). Using ITCH & serato controller: not a single problem.
    Using Traktor Scratch Pro on this laptop I have the odd crash & freeze. Using SSL I have had no issues.

Bottom line: I have had issues with Traktor, but not a single issue with serato products.

And I guarantee there's someone out there who has had the exact opposite experience with the same products lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast