Best computer only Dj Software...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best computer only Dj Software...

Hey Yall,
    What's the best Dj program for djing with only your computer (Macs)? Someone mentioned a program a few months ago that you would use usb headphones with. I looked a little for such headphones and haven't had any luck.
    I've been owning a vci-300 and never got it to work with my laptop, not sure if I'm gonna sell it or get a new computer later.. My 300 worked with a friends computer but, mine doesn't detect it. I went to a local store that sells 300's and some of theirs would work with my computer and some wouldn't. Something isn't consistent with the 300's. I know I'm not the only one that had this problem from others whom have posted the same. Anyway, I'm in a situation where I'd like to use my laptop alone until I get it straightened out.
    Thanks, Beetz

Tech Wizard

Have you tried a new high quality USB cable? I hear thats the answer for a lot of connectivity problems.
    Electro House

[Podcast] Adrian P : Bangin' On Ya System

Subscribe!

Tech Guru

with only a mouse and qwerty keyboard at your disposal for controls, your best bet is ableton because you can record any complex automations prior to your gig. This way your set quality isn't compromised by your limited setup.

Unfortunately I don't have my setup together yet (because of the 300 issues, yes, I did try new usb cords) so, I'm looking for the best program to dj live with only my laptop. With ableton can I cue/mix with only a laptop?
    Thanks

if you have a logitech cam drivers installed i recommend uninstalling them - thats a big one that makes VCI's not respond

ableton live

Traktor Pro
    All we ever have is now ...

you should give Virtual Dj a spin...its really easy to use with just keyboard and mouse...alot easier than Traktor in my opinion...but it mite lack a little bit in the fx dept if you use fx heavily..also give Ableton a try...Before I got into digi DJing I saw Rabbit On the Moon play out live once with no controller at all...now knowing what Ableton is capable of I think its safe to say that he was also using Ableton...Also you dont have to buy a USB headphone what you can do is a buy a cheap USB soundcard (im using a Logitech one that cost me 10 bones) and hook it up to your existing headphones and use it to cue via ASIO4ALL..

For starters VDJ is easy and functional.
    Later move to Traktor Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    if you have a logitech cam drivers installed i recommend uninstalling them - thats a big one that makes VCI's not respond
    +1 on this one. Heared it's a frequent flyer for (VCI) mishaps.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    +1 on this one. Heared it's a frequent flyer for (VCI) mishaps.
    I had that problem when i first got my VCI-100 actually

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast