what's the difference betwwen CDJ2000's and nexus?

Default what's the difference betwwen CDJ2000's and nexus?

Hello guys!

I just wanted to ask what's the difference between the two pioneer models:
    CDJ 2000 and the CDJ 2000 nexus
    ive watched some pictures but haven't seen a difference on any of them.
    anyway thanks to whoever will answer

Tech Wizard

Lets see.. not to much and yet a lot..

Biggest is Wi-FI, Traktor HID, iPhone (android?) support, Sync/Master/quantize auto tempo, the display is nicer with more data on the screen including a new waveform, the hot cues are auto loaded on track load. Beat counter. Slip mode from the CDJ900, touch strip has added features. so lots of minor updates that add up fast.

I have not seen many product demos that have a 2000 vs 2000nexus.. this one is not to bad

Honestly, both are excellent and the CDJ2000 is still an awesome tool if you don't need the new "toys".
    Right now you can get used CDJ2000's cheap as people/clubs are upgrading to the nexus models.. something to consider if your wallet is hurting. I have seen a few used go for about two used CDJ2000's for the price of 1 new CDJ2000Nexus..

EDIT:
    I should point out the the old CDJ2000's did have HID, but the Nexus Traktor integration is a lot better (but still leaves room for improvement. like the lack of waveform display on the Nexus while in Tractor mode)
    Last edited by johnm; 02-07-2013 at 03:11 PM.

Tech Guru

The Nexus isn't a huge amount better over the old 2000 for Traktor integration. All the extra features you mentioned are included in Traktor, minus the WiFi gimmick.

And if the improved waveform doesn't even work in Traktor... I see no improvement whatsoever.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

WiFi isn't a gimmick.... I spend a lot of time in airports or travelling and being able to sort all your tracks and playlists on my iThing is amazing. Just rock up with your playlist in your pocket and your good to go. The Rekordbox integration is fantastic and completely changed the way I build playlists.

Other Nexus features that are an improvement on the regular 2000's are Slip mode (useful for beat rolls, HOTCUEING FROM DIFFERENT TRACKS, and looping), a very much improved waveform display, the Sync button and quantised cues and rolls.

And I'm not sure if it's an upgrade on the 2000, but the Nexus also has a built in soundcard and MIDI for Traktor jocks.

It's true that most of these features are available with controllers, DVS and Traktor, but that's the point.... these CDJ's don't need a laptop to perform, let alone Traktor. Just you and a USB / SD / iPhone with all your tunes on.

As a side note, in the UK the Nexus' are only about £20 a deck more than the regular CDJ's so it's well worth the extra!
    TSP 2.6.1 | 2 x CDJ 2000 Nexus | 2 x Technics 1210 MK5 | Denon DNX-1600 | Behringer DDM4000 w/Infinium X1 | MBP | A&H Xone K2 | Akai APC 40 & MPK 25 | Novation Launchpad | Pioneer HDJ 2000 & 500 | Audio 8 DJ | Ableton Live 9

http://www.mixcloud.com/lineypirate/http://www.soundcloud.com/lineypirate/

Tech Guru

The CDJ 350 has a built in sound card and MIDI.. of course the 2000 has it too. FWIW the 2000 supports Advanced HID which is vastly superior to both MIDI and DVS control. And it also has quantised cues+loops..

No one in their right mind would buy 2000s new when you can get a pair used for half the price.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB