Is this possible!!!???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Is this possible!!!???

I have some beats by dre studio edition's or whatever. Im pretty sure they're fake, but thats beside the point. They recently quit working on me and i want to try a little DIY project. I would like to have the look and feel of the beats but the actual speakers from some skull candy skullcrushers. With the super bass thing they have lol Anybody think this could be done?? and any tips or ideas would be much appreciated!! Thanks for reading

Ummmmm..... nevermind, sorry, I got nothin'
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Wizard

Hahahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by markage View Post
    My debut EP is FINISHED!! Now back to being a DJ!!

http://soundcloud.com/iambreed <-- NEW EP! "Hello. My Name is Breed"

#RESPECT

Quote Originally Posted by Joey56 View Post
    I have some beats by dre studio edition's or whatever. Im pretty sure they're fake, but thats beside the point. They recently quit working on me and i want to try a little DIY project. I would like to have the look and feel of the beats but the actual speakers from some skull candy skullcrushers. With the super bass thing they have lol Anybody think this could be done?? and any tips or ideas would be much appreciated!! Thanks for reading
    hey man. iŽm sorry but i think you wont get any good advise from anyone on here, since most on here think/know that both of the brands youŽve just listed have a bad bad reputation.
    if the beats are actually fake why not just take them appart and try to fit the skull candies in. skull candy have the worst built quality iŽve have ever seen and fake beats are worth nothing. you wont loose a dollar by frankensteining them together.

good luck.

ps: i bet this was and will be the only serious respond youŽll get
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Im just amazed someone would buy fake Beats headphones!! The only reason I can think of is that you wanted to look 'cool' but not pay the ridiculous price tag that comes with it.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    ps: i bet this was and will be the only serious respond youŽll get
    I'll play nice too.

@OP: If are using these headphone just to listen to your music and shake your brain while doing it. Then doing a DIY as Ed Paris suggested would be the best route to take.

Now if you want to actually hear your music i'd stay away from the lower end of these brands. These two and other manufactures purposely "color" the mid range to make it sound like you are getting quality sound. More specifically - bass driven sound. What you're hearing coming out of those speakers is not what was originally recorded/produced. Obviously if you're playing live, that can be a big problem. Some headphones will focus more on one frequency while others in the opposite. Balanced multi-driver headphones have higher prices for a reason. It took me a about a year and about 4 pairs of cans for me to find the balance I was looking for.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Quote Originally Posted by markage View Post
    ^this.

Is it possible? Completely.
    Is it practical? Not even in the slightest.

Here,
    Attachment 14751
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by davoh; 01-09-2013 at 02:05 PM.

The new skullcandy headphones are great for snowboarding, or anything else where you want to abuse your ears for music, but not at all good for DJing. The Beets are pretty, so I say shove those skull candies in.

In regards to DJing, you will still be able to use them, I used a $20 pair of Behringer cans for a while until I could afford some TMA-1s. In the spirit of this forum (modding) I recommend sticking the 2 together, but save up for something made for DJing, and not jogging.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast