my old man rant and today's DJ's. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Guru

thats just plain rude
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Quote Originally Posted by The Twin View Post
    I swear the very last day I was gonna DJ at a club that I normally played house/edm, I was going to throwdown some oldschool hard U.K. jungle all night and make people vomit with confusion
    Please please please make it somewhere in t.dot and make an announcement on the forum because I'm so going to be there. To watch the vomiting and skank my freaking ass off

Dj for fun. Not a job. Once it becomes a job it's no fun anymore.
    Be good at it, and the money will take care of itself.[/QUOTE]

This is sooooooo right.....Amen
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

If im in a club and i like what i hear i might go up to the dj if i can stand in the booth for a few minutes and just watch him, see what he's doing how hes doing it so i can improve, and maybe ask a few questions when hes clearly not in the middle of a mix or something. but that's as far as ill ever go.

Same as 2nd I just started dj'ing, but the thing is masses are 'brainwashed'... Well it is simple as this, you get more votes for using apples gear than something like emachines (I got this one, time to get a better one ) Now imagine that we got two contestants and they make two exactly the same mixes, but one has lets say a 10 controllers on his side, another one has just couple of them and guess who is going to be favorite in LIVE competition... That is how I imagine the 'mass' these days and the more they know, read about stuff that they dont use, proroblay it's natural to demand more from the person who uses them.
    -Ableton suite- -Traktor- -Kontrol Z1- -Kontrol X1- -Oxygen 49- -BX8- -HD25II- -Buddha-

Tech Mentor

im iffy about letting people in the booth. alot of times its promoters who want to do the jesus pose next to me or get on the mic and "hype". if other djs want to watch, then it adds pressure and i feel like i have to visibly do more. the only time i really like letting someone watch is if they tell me theyre a total noob and just want to check it out. always willing to show the ropes to the newbies but theres tons of snakes out there just trying to steal your ideas and such. live in a highly competitive market.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123