MIDI Fighter Spectra - Page 32
Page 32 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

So I just got my Spectra (#109 , Matte Black top with Black case) , and I couldn't help but notice, there are no spectra mappings on the site...

No setup guide either...

I'm no stranger to midi controllers (or Midifighters, had a classic) but are we just expected to make our own mappings? How do we, for example, setup the spectra to work with remix decks?

Surprised DJTT doesn't have a video up or even a text guide...

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arcade16 View Post
    So I just got my Spectra (#109 , Matte Black top with Black case)
    Can you upload a pic please? That looks exactly as mine, would be nice to see it before mine arrives.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Can you upload a pic please? That looks exactly as mine, would be nice to see it before mine arrives.
    IMG_0414.jpgIMG_0415.jpgIMG_0416.jpg

Here you go, it looks sick! Matches NI gear very well, and lets you use all the LED colors without looking tacky.

Anyone got an answer regarding mappings?

Here you go, it looks sick! Matches NI gear very well, and lets you use all the LED colors without looking tacky.

from another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    Hey Guys,

I will put up full MIDI documentation sometime this week, sorry for the delay!

PS This will be found on the downloads tab of the product page

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Thanks! I like black gear and this looks badass, will sit next to black CNTRL:R pretty nice.

As for mappings there is only one Spectra TSI for now (deck-grat) and it's under mappings page. For use remix decks you'll need to dl and update firmware - must say I'm not familiar with since this will be my first MF. Check some of sticky threads in this forum, there should be some details for 3D and steps shouldn't be much different for Spectra.

Those colors look nasty! LEDs must really pop with all that black.
    TSP2|MFSPECTRA|TECHNICS1200MK2/M3D|WIN764BIT
    MASCHINESTUDIO|KNTRLZ2|KNTRLX1MK2|KNTRLF1|DICERS|V-MODA

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by fokaisnake View Post
    Those colors look nasty! LEDs must really pop with all that black.
    They certainly do! Here's two more pics in a darker setting, FYI this is with the "dim" purple settings in the MF config (the buttons light up bright purple with each press).

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

I'm no stranger to midi controllers (or Midifighters, had a classic) but are we just expected to make our own mappings?
    I have to say, I totally agree with you. I love my Spectra (and the one map for it works quite well) but it seems like DJTT missed a great opportunity. It's an exciting new product, and it should have launched with a new mapping that was specifically designed for the product (rather than an update of an old mapping from a user). I trust the community will be providing some badass mappings before too long, but why wouldn't they commission one of these mapping gurus to make an official DJTT Spectra map for the actual launch? Most of the awesome 3D mappings use the motion controls or 4 bank buttons, so they are not ideal for the Spectra. Most of the awesome Midi Fighter classic mappings use arcade buttons for bank switching, and don't take advantage of the Spectra's 6 extra buttons. I would love for the actual designers of the product to provide a mapping that is specifically optimized to talk advantage of its features.

actually i think the "opportunity" belongs to you guys
    This is a chance to use your creativity and start making some mappings.

If you all start showing us some and in turn showing eachother some mappings
    it will broaden your ideas even further ( yea i know that sounds all PLUR and whatnot but...)
    think about it

Instead of everyone saying "I didnt do it because no one else did it...."
    then nothing would get done.

If you guys are the starters...... then you are the ones who would be known as the originators of MANY MANY mappings.

Im sorry.... money is one thing but prestige, thats a whole different kinda recognition. Id take it

Quote Originally Posted by antifmradio View Post
    actually i think the "opportunity" belongs to you guys
    This is a chance to use your creativity and start making some mappings.

If you all start showing us some and in turn showing eachother some mappings
    it will broaden your ideas even further ( yea i know that sounds all PLUR and whatnot but...)
    think about it

Instead of everyone saying "I didnt do it because no one else did it...."
    then nothing would get done.

If you guys are the starters...... then you are the ones who would be known as the originators of MANY MANY mappings.

Im sorry.... money is one thing but prestige, thats a whole different kinda recognition. Id take it
    Hey, I agree. It just would have been nice to have the creators of the tool provide us with an example of how they potentially envisioned it could be used to its fullest, which in no way would have stopped the community from doing the same. We all respect the guys who make this stuff, and it's just wishful thinking that these same dudes would make a badass mapping. Guys like me have only rudimentary mapping skills, and I'm doing my best to learn. Until then, I have to depend on other visionaries to lay the groundwork. None of this was meant to be critical of DJTT. I just admire their work!