MIDI Fighter Spectra - Page 46
Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by squorax View Post
    Unit #6 finally arrived Attachment 15886 Attachment 15887
    Cool! I see lots of people here go with all black everything.

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    And now mapping the beast. Working on a Jammaster3K mapping together with Jester!
    Designing this for two Spectras combo? Guesses, guesses...

Haha, if it would come with free roundtrip tickets for both Jester and myself, we wouldn't object.

But It's single Spectra only... You will be posted later on.

2 banks are already mapped. Jester's turn.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Was looking at some spectra videos and this made me cringe. Hard.

Midi fighters are cool for finger drumming, cue point juggling, and just general purpose MIDI things.
    The mapping he used can even be really cool when used sparingly...

But this makes me really sad and I also think it's sad DJTT advocate the use of these things in this way.

With all due respect to the performer, you 're probably gonna see this, but this is my opinion.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyUsername View Post

Midi fighters are cool for finger drumming, cue point juggling, and just general purpose MIDI things.

But this makes me really sad and I also think it's sad DJTT advocate the use of these things in this way.

With all due respect to the performer, you 're probably gonna see this, but this is my opinion.
    Seen this before while searching as well... Classic overkill on effects but I guess he's using this map for the first time

Quote Originally Posted by MyUsername View Post

Yeah I completely agree with you and stewe. Overkill! There are limited mappings available as of now and by the looks of this, not 100% sure that this guy can map. I would like to work with someone to create a secondary mapping for this controller that works well with a primary controller (s2, s4, in my case z2).
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dubyou View Post
    I would like to work with someone to create a secondary mapping for this controller that works well with a primary controller (s2, s4, in my case z2).
    Since the devices you refer to all use HID there would be no interference whatsoever, MF talks in MIDI except when it's in F1 mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Seen this before while searching as well... Classic overkill on effects but I guess he's using this map for the first time
    fair enough, everybody needs to start somewhere. But still makes me wonder if the person realized that 9 minutes of beatmasher isn't the way to go or not.
    Maybe it's because of Ean's marketing, he also has videos up where it's just nothing but effects in your face for a couple of minutes.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Yeah but there is a difference between a person showcasing certain features and a mix or even claiming it to be a mashup like in this case. I think the kid just got his new MF and was messing around. He did apologise for the abrupt song "changes" in the video description tho.

Hey guys, I recently bought a new Midi Fighter Spectra.
    Normally, I use Traktor Pro 2 with my Traktor S2 Midi controller.

Does anybody know how to use the Spectra in combination with the S2 ? I would like to use it for the sample decks, not the remix decks. ( I have a Macbook pro 13", so if I use the remix decks I don't have much space left on the screen.

Anybody got tips for me mapping this thing, I can't figure it out.

Thanks

Set them both up the normal way

S2 should be plug and play.

I'm guessing here buuuut- for the Spectre use the config tool to make sure that the firmware is configured for remix deck use and then it should also be plug and play after that. If you're using the Spectre in other ways you'd have to load a TSI into Traktor but the remix deck stuff is just the Spectre pretending to be an NI F1 so it's unnecessary.

Read the manuals for your controllers if you get stuck, they're loads of good info in them.

(I guessed the steps right, right?)
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!