midi fighter twister issue

Default midi fighter twister issue

hello all!

i have recently bought a midi fighter twister. i'm really enjoying it, but i have a strange issue with it.

recently it has not being recognized by any app (ableton, max, etc..) and when i load the midi fighter utility i get this!

is something broken with my midi fighter twister, do i need to send it back, replace it?

thank you for your help!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Ensure not to have your Twister connected via USB HUB. Also, what OS do you run on your Mac?

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Ensure not to have your Twister connected via USB HUB. Also, what OS do you run on your Mac?
    thank you for your reply!

i'm on Mac OS 10.8.5
    i have to you a hub (d-link powered usb hub) because i also use a monome and an op-1. this also happens if the twister is directly connected to usb port on mac...

It's important for Midifighters to be connected directly to the computer while you're trying to perform the firmware update. If you have had used USB hubs by accident, than the firmware might break sometimes.

Did you try to Factory Reset the unit?

MIDIfighter_Factory_Reset.jpg

ok Stewe, i'll do a reset and see the result.
    thank you for your help

hello Stewe

did the reset, but the issue still stands… how can i reinstall the firmware again?

Please follow this link and download the recovery.hex file from the bottom of the page and go trough all steps of the process as it is explained in the document.