DVS flips out regularly. Are my needles broken ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

It's prob just the needles. Did you try putting more weight on to see if that helped. Borrow a needle from someone and see how that works. If another needle doesn't work then must be something else.

Went over patch's checklist and I still get issues.
    I think I'm just gonna get me some Shure M44-7-h's

After all you just can't afford to a massive gig with dodgy needles (or any gig for that matter actually)

Just get new styli for your concordes, spares are always good to have. If the shop is nearby, just buy one, test, and get the other one once you've confirmed the problem goes away.

Also it may just be a tiny bit of junk on the tip - last time I played out, some tiny hair/cloth fiber got wrapped around one of the diamonds and brushing it didn't really make it go away. Skipping (and dodgy sound depending on the amount of dust that little fiber would catch) ensued. It was a pain to clean up but it's now all good again.

^only one shop that sells needles is nearby. I called them a few hours ago and they said if we have some stock of it, it's gonna take about a week and then you can come and get it (wtf) and if we don't have it in stock I need to make some phone calls and that's gonna take a while.

Meanwhile on the internet I can have carts shipped to me for free from Germany and they can get here within 2 business days.

Also just now I did another vinyl set, because I saw something on fb about a spot opening up at a local gig next week and my needles only skip during vinyl sets, maybe I could make it work I thought and 20 minutes into the mix and I mix in a record and suddenly it's in mono instead of stereo, wtf.

EDIT: forgot to say this: no visible dirt on my needles, I checked multiple times
    Last edited by MyUsername; 01-16-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Tech Mentor

There are lots of things to look for, Have you checked the deck's are sitting flat? Get a spirit bubble (can be done with a smart phone app also) and check they are sitting square, it makes a big difference with mine, the floor isnt so flat where mine are so they need straightening up whenever I move them. The feet are threaded to get them sitting straight. I take the stylus off the cartridges and give them a quick check to, a little soft brush gets mine like new again.

Good luck
    TSP 2, S2, Audio 8, Maschine, 1210's, Launchpad, iPad, Nocturn 25, LPD8

www.audioj.webs.com S2 users check it out

www.JigAudio.webs.com Maschine goodness & other stuff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12