Choosing new headphones!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Choosing new headphones!

Hi there!! Well, these last days I've been looking for a new DJ headphones around 200€ and I have two different choices:

-The AIAIAI TMA-1 seem a good option, right? I heard the sound quality is amazing and the design is also awesome, but the comfort... I've tried them two days ago and they didn't feel nice around my neck or over my ears. At the local music store they cost 175€.

-The V-Moda Crossfade LP also seem a good choice because of the coolest design I've ever seen, the comfort, the customisation and also the sound quality is pretty cool, but I heard it's too much "bass-focused", whatever. From the web they cost aprox. 150€ without shipping.

Soo, what do you think it's the best choice for me? AIAIAI or V-Moda? I can't decide!! Thank you all once again btw!

*cough* Sennheiser HD 25 *cough*
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Before anyone else does, I'm just gonna say it: any particular reason why you're not considering the Sennheiser HD-25?

Edit: Damnit, too late
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Mentor

I would also strongly suggest the Sennheiser HD25-1 II... these things are legendary for many reasons.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Tech Wizard

not very popular, but I swear by my Denon DH-HP1000's.

first released in 2006, I bought them the instant they hit the shelves.

they are sturdy, awesome sound and have never ever let me down.

however, they are on the larger side, and they often do get awfully warm during gigs.

Tech Guru

Sound quality is def over-hyped and not the most important thing for me when considering headphones to DJ with, unless you are using them as a reference for production work as well. Honestly I think comfort, loudness/isolation, and durability are more important. Almost all club system speakers don't have a flat response anyways, so making sure you have the flatest-curved headphones seems to me like a waste of time and/or money, seeing that it won't be a true representation of what is actually going to come out of the speakers anyways.

There's surely enough information about headphones out there and on here for the OP to be able to make a decision already, unless everyone particularly wants to fill another thread up by recommending the headphones that they themselves own again?

Anyway - HD25s.

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    so making sure you have the flatest-curved headphones seems to me like a waste of time and/or money, seeing that it won't be a true representation of what is actually going to come out of the speakers anyways.
    I find it easier to mix on flat-response headphones regardless of what it is going to sound like on the club system. That's a bit like saying that it doesn't matter what speakers you're going to produce with because people are only going to listen to them on ipod buds.
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 01-17-2013 at 12:35 AM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

In the ~$200 range, it's really a crapshoot between HD-25s, HDJ-2000s, and whatever wildcard someone's going to throw into the discussion. HD-25s are the parroted champion, but I personally can't stand the pathetic soundstage, comfort level, and awkward fit of on-ear cans. It's like listening to tiny speakers with a vice on your head. But it realistically comes down to personal preference and how you feel the headphones fit.

Try them out, don't let someone on the internet you don't know tell you what you like when it comes to a preference you haven't formed.

I own a pair of the v modas, I've tried out the tma's and the v modas are more solid and offer much more for a dj than the tma's. they're more durable, better built and are the most comfortable headphones iv ever used.
    [CENTER]Pioneer DDJ SX, Technic 1200, Novation Twitch, MidiFighter Classic , NI X1, V-Moda crossfades, Roland MC-505, M audio profire
    Focal Twins, 13' Macbook Pro, Serato DJ 1.2, Serato Itch, Ableton live 9, Traktor 2.6

I tried the HD 25's and the TMA1's went for the TMA1's in the end preferred how they sounded and how they looked.
    Traktor S4 | Midifighter Classic | 2x CDJ 2000| Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 | Ableton Live 8 | 2012 Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 8GB | Krk RP5

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast