Upgrade recommendations for the S2??? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I confused Louis V and Dustin V.

Plugging in into the club mixer is NBD.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    I have got to disagree - it's a real mixer.
    Restated - It's only a real mixer if Traktor is the only thing you want to use.

Quote Originally Posted by HigherFi View Post
    Restated - It's only a real mixer if Traktor is the only thing you want to use.
    I still disagree. It works very well with vinyl records. Do have one? Why do you find it so heavy? I also find it's much HigherFi as compared to the S2.

I will eventually finish my Ableton scripts for my Z2 (and F1s) and it will be great for Ableton too. There won't be a better way to scratch inside of Ableton.

Tbh, you've already got the best 2 channel traktor controller on the market.

The S2 is perfect for your needs, you've just got RGAS.

The z2 + x1 is wicked, I love a real mixer as much the next man but for what u describe you've it's not the solution.

The vci400EGE maybe but I find it too cluttered.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin V View Post
    Is it really that good? I was watching a few videos on it, and reading up on some reviews, and seems like it could fit the bill, but it seems more suitable for Ableton than for Traktor. I know that it was part designed by Richie Hawtin, but I never see the guy using it? Surely if he had some input in the design, and it was really that good, he would have it in his set up?
    This unit is mapping friendly and it can only have it's advantages in DJ software when it comes to number of controls. I use it effectively in Traktor although CNTRL:R is designed to be used with Ableton and other music production programs. btw I saw Ritchie have it in his studio: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    I confused Louis V and Dustin V.

Plugging in into the club mixer is NBD.
    NBD?
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin V View Post
    NBD?
    no big deal
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Lol, figures... my bad.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Tech Mentor

Does it have to be a controller? Cause i feel that you wont really gain much from upgrading to another controller, considering that the s2 is alrdy a solid unit.

I just added a pair of 2nd hand stanton st150s to my setup, connected to my s4. learning alot man!
    2 x Technics 1210 / 2 x Stanton ST150 / Shure M44-7 / Kontrol S4 / KRK Rokit 5 / AIAIAI TM-1 / Westone 1 / HP dv6-6105TX

Before anyone else recommends turntables, read the OP! Have you ever tried travelling with pair of TTs?!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast