Upgrade recommendations for the S2??? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    The Z2 does in fact do a number of things that the S2 does not.

If you feel 'bored and limited,' why not bring a toy along? Porter Robinson expressed that the Midi Fighter was worthy of praise because it 'gave [him] something to do.'

Why not change the performance paradigm and pick up a drum machine?
    Well thats what I've been thinking. By getting the Z2, and adding my X1 it will be a great combo, and then I would like to add the MFS for that little bit more extra control for loops, samples and effects. I also don't think I will miss the jogs much on my S2, as I mostly only use them for beat matching (I don't sync) and for fog effects.

I was thinking of the VCI400 but I think going along with this more modular setup might suit my style and needs better, and if not then try something else.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    The Z2 does in fact do a number of things that the S2 does not.
    Like what just out of interest?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

just wondering - does the Z2 have the same line fader curve as the S2/S4?

if it does then I dont really like it for smooth mixing, too curvy and not linear enough for line fader blending

I was comparing my DDJ-SX to my S2 and i noticed that the DDJ-SX (being pioneer) has a much nicer, linear, upfader curve that I have accustomed to over the years (by using the DJM800/850/900 in the clubs) the S2 line fader is a bit closer to the allen and heath xone 42 faders in terms of its curve

i think traktor should have emulation of popular line fader curves of various mixers!
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345