Program to show compatible keys? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ok, for an answer to your question that doesn't involve judging or giving you a hard time simply because its the Internet, I use the program "djay" by algoriddm on my Mac. I will analyze your library and determine keys.

I don't really mix with the program, but the key detection is useful. It an actually adjust song pitch to force key match as well, if that's your thing. I basically use it as a reference to see what key songs are in from my library. Yes I understand (at least tenuously) music theory. But when I need a quick list of songs that I have in Cmaj or Amin, I don't have to recall this information from memory.

And unlike SSL, the key lock and adjust works well and doesn't make it sound like shit. I have actually used djay to export sped up or slowed down versions of songs so I can mix them in SSL at different tempos and not sound like shit.

*zips into flame suit for mentioning djay by algoriddm*

Means to an end, dude. Means to an end.

I don’t know how you organize your tracks. But what I do is analyze it all with MIK and then use iTunes smart playlists that use the information gathered .

For instance I have a set of lists called "Mixes well with" that has a smart playlist of every key and the associated songs that go well with it.

Example: The list 2A contains all songs that are 2A, 1A, 3A, and 2B. That covers all the basic directions of the Camelot wheel for harmonic mixing.

this way I can quickly make decisions on the fly and itunes automatically keeps the lists up to date.

I go into detail on it here: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=64248

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123