Virtual DJ mapping for VCI-400?

Default Virtual DJ mapping for VCI-400?

Has anyone used the VCi-400 mapping for Virtual DJ? Wanted to buy one here but curious as to whether it comes close to Traktor in terms of cue point juggling features?

Default Great question!

Actually, I came here to the forum to ask the same exact question. I love Traktor but I need to mix video and VDJ is that package I have settled upon. I need to know (since I want to perform controllerism along with video), whether or not there are mappings for VCI400? Also, do you think that with the release of VDJ8, mappings will be provided?

I doubt seriously that there will be an OFFICIAL VDJ map for the 400 simply because it's mostly intended to be used with traktor, but mapping in VDJ is pretty easy and I'm sure someone has already done it and posted the mapping up online. Mappings are a searching game.

With the recent release of 8? No. I don't think so.

Does VDJ come close to Traktor : Stock, no. No where near traktor. Though if you have a copy of the VDJ software (non pirated) you can get add ons for the program (mostly fo-free) on their website with just verifying your serial. It still really doesn't come near traktor in terms of the beatmasher and what not, but you can still get a pretty good mix going and a few unique things going on for you.

Cue point juggling is completely a you thing. You can set up up to like 100+ cue points on a song (I got bored one day) in VDJ but yes you can cue juggle and what not.
    Last edited by davoh; 01-24-2013 at 12:50 PM.
    //Soundcloud//DeviantART//Need a custom dj logo? *Temporarily Closed, check thread for details* //
    Set up = Numark iDJ3 :: Akai MPK Mini :: Novation LaunchPad ::

there is a basic mapping built in, which you can add anything you like to. The stock one has 8 cue points I believe but you can add looproll and other effects to other shifts.

Cue points are the same in VDJ as in every other dj software, but there is more of them available. The thing that VDJ is missing is a good interface with all the important information easily visible, hopefully that will change with the release of Version 8. There is no word on the release date... I assume they are holding it back so they can release an iOS and android version along with the PC and Mac versions.

also mapping for video effects is a little weird in that you can't specifically focus on the effect like you can with audio effects

eg. you would use this to turn on a video effect and set the slider position (you can only modify the parameters of the currently selected video effect).

video_fx_select 'myFxName' & video_fx & video_fx_slider 1 50%

...however you use this to turn on an audio effect and set it's slider (you can change the parameters of any effect whether you have it selected or not as you target the effect by name).

effect 'myAudioEffect' active & effect 'myAudioEffect' slider 1 50%

@Davoh
    I beg to differ, this effect does anything that the beatmasher in traktor can do although it affects the transport of the track more like the way serato does it. There are a heap of looproll DSP effects just like traktor but most aren't chainable.

Last edited by synthet1c; 01-24-2013 at 12:56 PM.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    @Davoh
    I beg to differ, this effect does anything that the beatmasher in traktor can do although it affects the transport of the track more like the way serato does it. There are a heap of looproll DSP effects just like traktor but most aren't chainable.

Really? Huh. I still to this day haven't found one that comes close to the beatmasher in Traktor for VDJ. I'll have to play around a bit more I see.
    //Soundcloud//DeviantART//Need a custom dj logo? *Temporarily Closed, check thread for details* //

Quote Originally Posted by davoh View Post
    Really? Huh. I still to this day haven't found one that comes close to the beatmasher in Traktor for VDJ. I'll have to play around a bit more I see.
    The beatmasher effect is the only reason one of my friends is still rocking VDJ lol. You can go in an individually choose what beat pattern or arrangement you want played. Not just a 1/2 or 1/4 setting.

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    The beatmasher effect is the only reason one of my friends is still rocking VDJ lol. You can go in an individually choose what beat pattern or arrangement you want played. Not just a 1/2 or 1/4 setting.
    You talking about the beatgrid?

Quote Originally Posted by davoh View Post
    You talking about the beatgrid?
    Yes yes i am.. LOL.

But he only plays jackin house and bassline so the quick cuts and beatmashing works nicely.

The name is all weird on VDJ tho.

chackl made an expansion of the original as well, it is much more powerful, but takes a minute to figure out.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Default Virtual DJ with VCI-400

Quote Originally Posted by kinkiepink View Post
    Has anyone used the VCi-400 mapping for Virtual DJ? Wanted to buy one here but curious as to whether it comes close to Traktor in terms of cue point juggling features?
    YES, I just bought a VCI-400 this March 2013 & it actually came with VDJ LE. I had already bought & been using VDJ PRO 7 for few years so was pleased that YES....the VCI-400 is mapped to Virtual DJ software!
    It rocks hard!!! I've tried everything out there & this is my current favorite!

Do other softwares have the ability to get downloaded plugin effects? 2 years ago when i decided
    to switch to VDJ it was because of all the effects & samples. Serato WAS lagging way behind in that.
    Traktor only had 3 efx. Guess they are finally catching up to VDJ!