Maschine question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Maschine question

I just got maschine a few days ago and I want to connect my midi keyboard to play the melodies in my productions. I had been under the impression that I'd be able to connect it directly to maschine via midi to midi but its been suggested (by someone who could be and I hope IS wrong..) that I wont be able to do that and rather I'll need an interface. Surely I'm right? What the hells the midi for if not to connect a midi keyboard/controller...Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by bullettoothtony View Post
    I just got maschine a few days ago and I want to connect my midi keyboard to play the melodies in my productions. I had been under the impression that I'd be able to connect it directly to maschine via midi to midi but its been suggested (by someone who could be and I hope IS wrong..) that I wont be able to do that and rather I'll need an interface. Surely I'm right? What the hells the midi for if not to connect a midi keyboard/controller...Anyone?
    Do you mean to connect it to the Maschine software via your computer? That's no problem.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Yes, you can use Maschine's MIDI I/O ports to connect external gear to it.

Tech Wizard

Padi_04 is correct. You can connect your keyboard to the MIDI port in the back of your Maschine controller to trigger sounds in the software. I have done it myself with my axiom 49 and Maschine MK1.

You're informant is wrong

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by snipaz View Post
    Padi_04 is correct. You can connect your keyboard to the MIDI port in the back of your Maschine controller to trigger sounds in the software. I have done it myself with my axiom 49 and Maschine MK1.

You're informant is wrong
    Thats really great news to me as I'm on a budget so tight it'll make your eyes water...lol Thanks for the quick responses guys, much appreciated. Hey and either its me going mad or this is one AWESOME piece of kit!!

Tech Wizard

Also, your MIDI keyboard will connect directly in to your PC or Mac via USB and Maschine will pick up the signals through USB as well. It's one less wire if you connect to your computer via USB.

Tech Convert

Also, your MIDI keyboard will connect directly in to your PC or Mac via USB and Maschine will pick up the signals through USB as well. It's one less wire if you connect to your computer via USB.
    My keys are oldschool and I mean OLDskool lol No usb...Or do you mean using a dedicated lead? Midi to usb?

Tech Mentor

there are "old school" MIDI I/O on the back of the Maschine. You don't NEED USB. If you have any further questions about it I suggest you go to the NI forum. Simply googling, "connecting midi keyboard to maschine" there are a bunch of articles, forum posts, YT vids etc.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by BiggChev View Post
    there are "old school" MIDI I/O on the back of the Maschine. You don't NEED USB. If you have any further questions about it I suggest you go to the NI forum. Simply googling, "connecting midi keyboard to maschine" there are a bunch of articles, forum posts, YT vids etc.
    Thanks for the suggestion lol think I'd prefer to ask here though but thanks anyways

Tech Convert

Hey man, sorry for what is probably obvious to most of you guys but why is it an extra cable to connect to maschine? I dont have any experience of using midi. Do you mean I'd have to connect in to in AND out to out? If thats what you mean would I come out of the midi out on the keyboard and into the usb doing it the other way? Or have I got it all wrong?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast