DDJ-SX or CDJ-700's
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default DDJ-SX or CDJ-700's

I know this really comes down to preference, but I'd like to see what you guys think.

Option 1:
    A pair of Gemini CDJ 700's and a good second hand 4 channel mixer. This set up would be strictly for home use and practice. This would be good because I think that it would help me be more familiar with a club setup. I've owned a pair of numark ndx-400's and shitty numark m4 mixer, but I still think if I were to show up to a club with cdj 2000's and a djm 800, I would be lost. I do alot of house parties and small outdoor events, but I'm really trying to break into the club scene. We have alot of good clubs here, and I know all the right people.

Option 2:
    The Pioneer ddj-sx. This looks like everything I have ever wanted in a controller. This would be awesome, because I do really enjoy playing big house parties and doing mobile gigs. Not only that, but it seems like I could record some awesome mixes with this thing and really have some fun with it. The past year I have been using a mixtrack pro and feel like I'm djing with a childrens toy.

So I guess it's either Nice home setup for practice and keep my shitty controller for my mobile gigs, or I get the ddj-sx and wait some time before I can afford a good bedroom setup that I can practice on for the clubs.

Thanks in advance for the replies!

Tech Convert

Bump... No suggestions?

love my ddjsx. sturdy but light, thatd be my vote

Tech Wizard

I am currently looking into these options aswell. Since Pioneers are way to expensive i looked into the 700's with a good second hand mixer or a ddj sx. Another option that came to my mind was the Gemini CDMP 7000 but the mixer is not midi capable and only has 3 channel. So i am looking into this thread every day to get some ideas and recommendations. I know that everybody needs to find ones one way but maybe someone points out a flaw in a product that i have missed. My VCI 100 is faulty as f**k so i need to get something anyway and instead of buying a s2 i would like to upgrade and go 4 channel. That is just my addition to the topic

Tech Mentor

You can certainly do a lot more with the DDJ SX, I would go for that without hesitation.

Tech Guru

Definitely the DDJ-SX over anything from Gemini. You should be able to set up Serato/Traktor to emulate a pair of CDJs pretty accurately if you need the practice, and the physical layout is almost the same.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

over gemini? ddj-sx definitely!
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

ddj sx
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Especially for house parties/ mobile shit - SX.
    Just plug and play.

DDJ-SX is probably higher quality.

And if you want it to be more like a club setup, just put the laptop where you can't really see it and only use it for loading tracks……used like that, it feels a hell of a lot like using a CDJ + Mixer setup with broken screens……just a few small layout changes.

And when you want it to "do more", it's already there.

It's not a question as far as I'm concerned. The DDJ-SX just wins. Then again, I think the same is pretty much true until you're actually comparing it to stuff that costs several times more than it does. Though I'm a bit biased.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast