Mounting studio monitors on wall?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Mounting studio monitors on wall?

I've got a pair of Rokit 6 G2's and space is a premium in my new place. The only place I really room for them in my studio would be wall mounted shelves. My concern though is the weight, those things aren't light. Anyone here ever mount their monitors?

It's really not recommended to wall mount nearfiled monitors. Optimally they should be at least a few feet from the wall. If you have to mount them just make sure your wallmount or shelf is securely attached to the studs in your wall.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    It's really not recommended to wall mount nearfiled monitors. Optimally they should be at least a few feet from the wall. If you have to mount them just make sure your wallmount or shelf is securely attached to the studs in your wall.
    I've always built custom stands for whatever circumstances I was up against.
    I don't like the idea of mounting nearfields either.

You'd be surprised how far $30 - $40 bucks can go .. with a little strategy.
    My debut EP is FINISHED!! Now back to being a DJ!!

http://soundcloud.com/iambreed <-- NEW EP! "Hello. My Name is Breed"

#RESPECT

Wallmounting is a surefire way of downgrading your sound.

Best use stands and then move them back against the wall when you want to put away. I use a barstool with a phonebook as a damper.

cheers,
    OSX 10.6.4 | Traktor Pro 2 | VCi-100 FW 1.4 | NI Audio 8 | Xone 92 | M Audio BX8A Deluxe

Tech Wizard

Very bad idea man.

USE DUCT TAPE... lol i had to say it

you could try hanging them off your ceiling. upside down deck stands and some screws ??

as for nearfields you want to make sure the monitors are 6-12" away from any wall and make sure the tweeter is level with your ears, when in your working position (sitting, standing??)
    Last edited by calgarc; 01-18-2013 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by calgarc View Post
    USE DUCT TAPE... lol i had to say it why not buy wall mounts for your monitors
    Come on dude... we're talking professional audio here, have a little class.

Gaffa tape.
    Traktor Pro 2 | DB2 | 2x X1 | Macbook Air | HDJ1500 | KRK RP6G2 | KRK 12s | Crane Stand Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rjc View Post
    Come on dude... we're talking professional audio here, have a little class.

Gaffa tape.
    Do they call it Gaffa tape way over there? We (USA) just call it gaff tape.

Of course we have a bastardized mish mash of stolen language and phrases so take that as you will.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaffer_tape

Gaffer, Gaffa, Gaff, Sticky-shit-that's-impossible-to-get-off-cables. All Acceptable titles
    Traktor Pro 2 | DB2 | 2x X1 | Macbook Air | HDJ1500 | KRK RP6G2 | KRK 12s | Crane Stand Pro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast