Is this too much to ask for?

Default Is this too much to ask for?

2 fx units dedicated to ONLY macro fx and 4 of the standard fx units.
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

Tech Wizard

Yes

Get a third X1 and just map each FX knob to selec a specific FX while being turned... or a button... or whatever you might please. Just map the shit out of your hardware and everything's possible.
    HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, Traktor Pro 2, NI Kontrol S4, NI Kontrol X1, NI Kontrol F1, AIAIA TMA-1

Use VDJ Pro, you can have as many "macro" effects as you like with as many different effects as you like, and if you use the Windows OS you can also use almost any VST that you like.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

:| You would use all the FX units?

Why not just make some FX preset's and Map them to a button? Surely you aren't going to be using all the FX at the same time.

I don't think I've found myself in a situation where I've needed to add more than two effects to a track. It tends to sound muddy/overkill :S Less is More
    Traktor Pro 2 | DB2 | 2x X1 | Macbook Air | HDJ1500 | KRK RP6G2 | KRK 12s | Crane Stand Pro

I don't use them all at once but having my k2 mapped to midi fighter and pots and faders mapped to the same fx but I'm tired of scrolling through the big list (and sometimes passing an fx that I want lol). I could just take unused fx out. I might just map a specific knob to load the fx as well. And also I hate the macro fx knob on the z2. Can I remap the z2? Might just make it control fx bank 4 and put an echo freeze with third parameter control on the button.
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

You know you can set buttons to recall effects presets right as opposed to scrolling through the list right?