VST designed laptop - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

I just ordered an Asus lappy with i5 and 6144MB RAM, can't wait to see how it is :-)

I put Le Lenny face at the end of my post, I thought people would think I was being sarcastic. :P
    Mah hard: S2, Mikro, F1, 13.3" MBP. Mah soft: Traktor, Maschine, Kontakt, Massive.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    OSX has standard features like MIDI over LAN/MIDI over WiFi and sound device aggregation.
    With windows this does not work properly, is not supported natively, you have to run exotic applications for it.

That and it being more of a hassle free OS, wins me over any time.

Yes, I have been windows based for yonks, but after enduring windows OS for more than 15 years, and also supporting it on professional level, I went for mac.
    These days I still wonder why it took me this long to go for mac!
    +1 to everything tekki said.

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    OSX has standard features like MIDI over LAN/MIDI over WiFi and sound device aggregation.
    With windows this does not work properly, is not supported natively, you have to run exotic applications for it.

That and it being more of a hassle free OS, wins me over any time.

Yes, I have been windows based for yonks, but after enduring windows OS for more than 15 years, and also supporting it on professional level, I went for mac.
    These days I still wonder why it took me this long to go for mac!
    Yep, well said and same boat. It's not a fanboy thing at all- OSX has huge real advantages over windows in terms of audio applications. I made the switch when I had a Xone: 4D as the windows drivers had issues and on a mac it was perfect. I've gone back and forth a bit and a year ago tried having a windows studio computer and it was a nightmare with audio latency and doing just about anything with MIDI. Good luck trying to do any complex midi routing or using something like Lemur or Touch OSC or the like- you will have to download and install ancient software from the windows 95 era called midiyoke to have a chance of getting it to work if you can manage to install it and get it running properly it is shaky at best. OSX midi routing is all native and flawless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12