Need help choosing a midi controller.

Default Need help choosing a midi controller.

Starting to mix but I have tons of expirence with the launchpad and ableton live. Can some one tell me what the idea soft wear and controller would be for some one who finger drums?

Tech Mentor

Well, with serato DJs new midi mapping. You can easily finger drum in Traktor, Ableton, AND Serato. So it all depends on how much you are willing to spend on a controller

I would like to stay around 700ish.

Tech Mentor

Alright well, you'll want to get something with more than 4 pads then.
    The Novation twitch has 8 pads, a slicer and sampler function that works great or finger drumming, the VCI 350 is a bit over your price range but it has 8 pads and has the same sampler feature as the twitch, jog wheels and it is can be used as a mixer. Both of those are serato controllers.

OR you could buy an APC 20/40/Launch pad (or wait for the Live Surface) and just roll with Ableton Live.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0beet View Post
    Alright well, you'll want to get something with more than 4 pads then.
    The Novation twitch has 8 pads, a slicer and sampler function that works great or finger drumming, the VCI 350 is a bit over your price range but it has 8 pads and has the same sampler feature as the twitch, jog wheels and it is can be used as a mixer. Both of those are serato controllers.

OR you could buy an APC 20/40/Launch pad (or wait for the Live Surface) and just roll with Ableton Live.
    What about the Queneo Controller and stick with Ableton? Or perhaps look at Maschine.

this one has had some great reviews and has even been featured here on the djtechtools blog. It has everything you could ever need and will make djing ez, It has even tighter intigration to it's software than the S4... who really has time to do any research these days anyway I mean c'mon that's so 2012
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!