A little ground info before i get into what happened: I DJ with traktor 2.5, 13" MBP 4GB ram, my external HDD hooked directly into my MBP, and a 4 port powered USB hub that connects my S4 and MF3D to my MBP...i've always worried about the USB to my MBP but it always plays nicely in my room together and I've never had any problems besides a message when i intially load traktor that says "Something was drawing to much power and had to shut down" so i reset my hub and everything goes fine............except.......

Soooo this past weekend I was DJing for about 180 drunk sorority girls and guys when my crossfader stopped working, even if it was all the way right with channels B and D assigned in traktor you could hear anything played on track A and C, unless it was played with zero volume....and at the same time channel A started skipping every other second of every track....

So I thought, well this sucks...but lets keep it going...so I started using decks C and D to mix, no problem. works for about an hour and a half, and then traktor freezes. music stops. everything goes silent. AHHHHH. quickly load iTunes and play a mix, while i loaded traktor again, but it still has the same problems as before, and now my live input deck won't work either, it doesn't load correctly and just stares blank at me when i try to change any deck into a live input for the mic....sooo i went back to playing on decks C and D and everything ended pretty good besides that minor hicup...my question is does anyone else know why this happened? I'm like 90% sure it's because of the setup through the hub, but how else can i set this up? My MBP only has 2 USB's and isn't growing anymore. Is there a safer USB hub? (I can't remember the brand, i'll repost when i get home and can look at it)....

Looking back I should have re-calibrated my decks and that could have fixed my other issues, i think? or is there a better way?