Trouble with Midi channels.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Trouble with Midi channels.

Sorry if there's a thread for this already, I kept looking and what I got didn't really help me all the way through my problem. So I've got Traktor pro 2, using a Numark Total Control as my primary controller, but I just got an Akai Apc20 for hot cues and samples and whatnot, but I can't get them both to work. They seem to share buttons, or what I've figured out midi channels. I have no idea how to make it so they both work, besides what I listed. Any help would be appreciated, I just want to use them as separate controllers with no crossover.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Does APC comes with editor? If so try to change channel in preset.

Select the appropriate controllers in the IN/OUT port drop down menus for each mapping. If you use 'all ports', you'll have conflicts.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Select the appropriate controllers in the IN/OUT port drop down menus for each mapping. If you use 'all ports', you'll have conflicts.
    Even with proper in/out you still get conflicts if channel is the same and both controllers are sharing same MIDI note/CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Does APC comes with editor? If so try to change channel in preset.
    Not entirely sure what you mean by editor, like the Traktor controller software thing? Because the Apc isn't there. I'm new at this obviously, thanks for helping.

No, NI controller editor only recognizes their controllers. I meant like editor for APC20 where you could change MIDI channel, note assignments, etc....

No, NI controller editor only recognizes their controllers. I meant like editor for APC20 where you could change MIDI channel, note assignments, etc....
    No idea, I guess I'll go look for it, I bet it would be in Ableton, since that's what it's really made for. But I don't have the full version so I can only hope it works.

Quote Originally Posted by hippiebrother3 View Post
    I bet it would be in Ableton, since that's what it's really made for.
    Editors come separate so no - you can't wind it in Ableton or any other audio software.

Editors come separate so no - you can't wind it in Ableton or any other audio software.
    Do you think it would be easier to change the channel for my Numark Total Control instead? Since it's more common I guess. Either way, I'm still somewhat clueless.

I don't use ether of your controllers so can't tell for sure but if any of those have ability to preset MIDI channel more common would be for APC imo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast