Xone k2 and Traktor LED Issues - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I didn't change anything, in fact I made a quick mapping of my own. Had just loaded your mapping (xone 2D?), saw bunch of commands and deleted it.

What I did was:

Modifier 1 / button-inc
    Modifier 1 / modCon M1=2 / button-direct / value=0
    Effect Selector / modCon M1=0 / button direct / value= first effect from list
    Effect Selector / modCon M1=1 / button direct / value= second effect from list
    Effect Selector / modCon M1=2 / button direct / value= third effect from list
    Effect Selector / 0 - 2
    Effect Selector / 0 - 3
    Effect Selector / 0 - 4

Hope this helps.

Tech Mentor

Ill ive that a try.

Should that same concept work without using MOdifiers? (Just using the output led t follow Event selector) Is there a reason you go 0 2 0 3 0 4 on the controll ranges, at what point do you use individual ranges? 1 1 2 2 etc?

At this point a simple modifier set to 1 or 0 on a button push.. wont set a certain button a color with a modifier out mapping... I must completely misunderstand the output part of this because its definately not working as it should be from the various other mappings ive looked at
    Last edited by balakoth; 01-18-2013 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by balakoth View Post
    Should that same concept work without using MOdifiers?
    Absolutely not. Without a modifier Traktor can't know which of effects is programed to be loaded in three value order.

Is there a reason you go 0 2 0 3 0 4 on the controll ranges, at what point do you use individual ranges? 1 1 2 2 etc?
    It's how my controller displays it, you might need to use 1-1, 2-2 etc for yours.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    I didn't change anything, in fact I made a quick mapping of my own. Had just loaded your mapping (xone 2D?), saw bunch of commands and deleted it.

What I did was:

Modifier 1 / button-inc
    Modifier 1 / modCon M1=2 / button-direct / value=0
    Effect Selector / modCon M1=0 / button direct / value= first effect from list
    Effect Selector / modCon M1=1 / button direct / value= second effect from list
    Effect Selector / modCon M1=2 / button direct / value= third effect from list
    Effect Selector / 0 - 2
    Effect Selector / 0 - 3
    Effect Selector / 0 - 4

Hope this helps.
    Question here.. How does your modifier 1 ever reach 0? If the button press increments it, and then it resets it if its = 2 to 0 then its still going to increment it once. (This is the behavior I am getting) therefore always skipping one. Also because of the way it seems to be executing the commands, this particular mapping setup doesnt seem to work for me (It never changes the effect)

I'm blind here mate. Maybe you should post your current settings so I can check it for you and see for issues.

Tech Mentor

Just made a fresh mapping, so I can just mess around with this and send it over the forums.

I may have mis understood what you posted, so see if you see what I did wrong here. Im sure im just missing a few key concepts

Whats wierd is when I tried doing this in a fresh mapping the increment loop on the modifier worked fine.. but in my other filled up mapping file it does not work correctly. Its driving me nuts HAH

Thanks for all your help
    Attached Files Attached Files

Effect Selector output (G#1) has M1=1 as modifier condition - you should remove it.

As for not workig in my mapping part it's something you should wrap on your own. Alternative would be to add new generic device and map in only this feature to overcome possibility of clashing modifiers.

Tech Mentor

Yes I made a new device just mostly to test this feature

The issue as of now is the LEDs just dont respond correctly. It will cycle off orange green, with that setup you see there. Ill keep working on it.. Youd think a computer programmer wouldnt have such a hard time wrapping his head around this

Tech Mentor

Also just noticed.. if I change the FX via the interface on traktor, between the three, the LEDs light up correctly as they change them... just not if I use the button. And since theres nothing influencing the modifier change the color just which FX, then this could feasably be done with no modifier and just cycling the event selector (Off, red(fx1), oran)ge(fx2), green (fx3) ) Guess I just dont understand why the LEDs arent reacting c orrectly with a button push vs interface change

Feels like The Xone is sending additional midi messages thats contradicting what I want the Feedback to do

Tech Mentor

Take that back, the Red is no longer lighting up when on beat masher, but the orange and green do change up with Interface changes.. Geeesh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast