Xone k2 and Traktor LED Issues
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Xone k2 and Traktor LED Issues

Recently purchased two Xone k2s, one being used for my Traktor Machine. While I have the setup pretty much the way I want, I am now working on LED output for feedback.

Anyways, with more research I believe ive figured out how to do what I am seeking in two different ways (One requires I use modifiers)

But Both are not functioning correctly at this point for some reason.

For my FX selector, I have a button that cycles through the available FX i have activated (3 in my case).. So now I am trying to set an ouput with

Effect 1 Selector -> Note(red) g#1 -> Controller Range: 1 - 1 Invert Blend Off

Effect 1 Selector -> Note(orange) g#4 -> Controller Range: 2 - 2 Invert Blend Off

Effect 1 Selector -> Note(Green) g#7 -> Controller Range: 3 - 3 Invert Blend Off

LED is off on no effect, then it cycles to red, then to orange, but turns off again and doesnt set the led green. It cycles back to no effect, then goes on again for red orange etc..

For my efffect knob selector, I have a button that switches between knob 1 and 2 on the effect, this is affected by using modifiers to tell the encoder what effect knob to change.

My goal was to change the color between Red and ORange based on which knob it was changing.

I attempted this by

Modifier 4 Out -> m4 = 0 -> Red Note -> Controller Range 0 0
    Modifier 4 Out -> m4 = 1 -> Orange Note -> Controller Range 1 1

LEd glows red, push button light turns orange, and remains orange and wont go back to red... Ive also tried just leaving the controller range alone at 0 7... and 0 1

Any ideas or help is appreciated! Thanks

Tech Mentor

Default Sorry

Wrong Forum sorry

Please don't double post. One thread is enough, I've moved it.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Did I saw this on NI forum?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Did I saw this on NI forum?
    Yeah, I updated my thread over there with this as well. I figured out that I didnt need modifiers for the switching of the FX because I could use controller range. But regardless that doesnt work fully, nor does the attempt with the buttons that do use modifiers

You say modifier don't does it for ya, how is it set? Can you upload tsi with only this effect selector button along with modifier?

Maybe I could troubleshoot it from there.

maybe its the wrong note for green!?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MRG12EG View Post
    maybe its the wrong note for green!?
    According to the manual its correct, and if i invert it, someones i can get the off position to turn on green.. its very wierd behavior. WHen I logged on this morning, It now operates with the same mappings as : Off, Red, Off, Green as its cycle.. no more orange.. LOL I am at a loss.

Attached the Mappings TSI Only have one of each button mapped to do the ouput until I get it all sorted.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Wow, now that's whole mapping there, I was like only those few problematic commands to get idea what could be issue...

However i made it working on my controller using both scenarios - mod output and effect selector output.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Wow, now that's whole mapping there, I was like only those few problematic commands to get idea what could be issue...

However i made it working on my controller using both scenarios - mod output and effect selector output.

haha Yeah I realized that just after I attached it.. Sorry!

Did you have to change anything Stewe? I have been reading some reports of how the k2 handles certain off messages, and certain usres have been having to use some sort of a program (Modes something?) as the k2 for some reason it was sending an extra message

If you didnt change anything, then im going to lean towards that issue.. if you had t ochange something was it something simple I missed?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast