Glow in the dark Chroma Cap help?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Glow in the dark Chroma Cap help?

When I saw DJTT's new Chroma caps I was stoked! Glow in the dark is super cool. The only problem is these things don't last anything other than a short amount of time. Currently I have them under a lamp and they will last around 10 minutes in darkness. I assumed they would last much longer. Anyone else have any problems with them. I think I am going to send them back. HUGE disappointment. I know glow in the dark is gimmicky but I didn't expect that for 3 dollars a piece from DJTT.
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

ahh, I was just about to buy some...
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

maybe try a uv light to charge them, or even to leave on your controller at all times. They might glow better under Uv, but Obviously they should glow longer than 10 mins
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Ordered a slew of chroma caps recently for the F1 and S4 and tossed a few of these in the order just for fun. When exposed to direct sunlight, they'll glow pretty good in the dark for like you said, about 10 min. I think they are primarily designed to react to a UV light source and I'm guessing they'll do pretty good.

Been meaning to pick up a black light just to toy around with, I'll keep you posted on the results.

Running up to lowes to get a UV light, I want one on my desk anyways. Seems like a great fix. I will be sure to post the results!
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

Tech Wizard

I was so close to ordering the glow in the dark faders till I realizes they're plastic and not the rubbery material the others are.

I decided against them, went fluo orange instead.
    -Numark Mixdeck
    -Traktor Pro 2
    -medley of colorful chromacaps
    -Numark 1550TT's x2
    -Stanton STR80 x1

UV light works great! They are super bright and so far are lasting! The hard plastic just feels better than the rubber on the faders especially the X-Fader.
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by The Twin View Post
    I was so close to ordering the glow in the dark faders till I realizes they're plastic and not the rubbery material the others are.

I decided against them, went fluo orange instead.
    This is better for some of us. I have both fluo orange and glow in the dark. I hate scratching on the rubber faders and prefer the glow in the dark much better for scratching. The rubber on knobs is nice but like 0notice said, they are nicer on the faders and especially the xfade.

Quote Originally Posted by 0Notice View Post
    UV light works great! They are super bright and so far are lasting! The hard plastic just feels better than the rubber on the faders especially the X-Fader.
    Excellent! I may have just ordered two UV fixtures on amazon...I've been needing an excuse

I'll admit, I'm a sucker for lights and shiny things...

Quote Originally Posted by stevohill View Post
    Excellent! I may have just ordered two UV fixtures on amazon...I've been needing an excuse

I'll admit, I'm a sucker for lights and shiny things...
    They are not perfect but I am about to order four more of them for my F1!
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast