Cdj-2000's connected by USB and remix decks

Default Cdj-2000's connected by USB and remix decks

Hi!

I've been a dj since 2001. Started with turntables, went into cdj's, then traktor (later on with the S4) and now I'm returning to cdj's combined with Traktor. The reason is that I like to have tracks ect visually clear and not on a small cdj-screen.

Anyway, My question:

Is it possible to connect 2 cdj-2000's by usb-cables to Traktor and also be able to use the remix-decks (or 2 additional trackdecks)?

I already own a X1, which I've planned to combine into this setup. The X1 can handle the control of the remix-decks or 2 additional track-decks, but I have to get the sound-signal from the Traktor-software and into the mixer somehow.

I have the old audio8. It would be easy to setup and use everything by Timecode, but I would much rather have the functionality of HID and the additional decks at the same time.

Thanks /// Dj Jownssy

Yes, that would work. You can use the 4 channels of the audio 8 for 4 deck output and the CDJs act only as controllers, there's no need to involve their sound cards.

Of course you don't have full control over the remix decks with an X1, but I'm sure you knew that.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Yes, that would work. You can use the 4 channels of the audio 8 for 4 deck output and the CDJs act only as controllers, there's no need to involve their sound cards.

Of course you don't have full control over the remix decks with an X1, but I'm sure you knew that.

Thanks!

The cdjs are at the club, so its not possible for me to try this right now (at home). But if I understand you correctly, then this is the way to do it.

- Connect the cdjs with usb-cables to the laptop.
    - Connect the audio 8 to the laptop.
    - Connect the X1.
    - In INPUT-routing : Select the cdj-2000's
    - in OUTPUT-routing : Ch.A.Left/right , Ch.B.Left/right ect ect....

Then I'll be able to use the cdjs as controllers with the HID-funktionality, and still get the 4 soundchannels from traktor to the mixer?

- Yes, I do know that I'll be lacking full controll of the remix decks by using the X1 (and not the f1).
    The thing is that I like to have 3 trackdecks when I play. Deck number 4 is just a added bonus, a "lets have fun" deck

Tech Guru

You don't need any Input Routing whatsoever if you are using HID.
    Just select the correct output routing for your 4 decks using External Mixing mode with your Audio 8.

When you have the CDJ 2000s connected by USB, press LINK and follow the instructions on the CDJ screen. I'd recommend you do this well in advance of a set rather than 5 minutes before you start.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

You need to check that they're in advanced HID mode as well (in the utility menu).
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES