Cheapest possible direct drive turntable/midi controller?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Cheapest possible direct drive turntable/midi controller?

I have searched this up on the internet and the cheapest turntable that I have seen is the Stanton T62. It doesn't have to be a turntable it could be a direct drive controller but I just really want something that spins and is cheap.
    I have a feeling that this question may have been answered before but I have searched the internet and I have not found an answer. If this question has been answered please link me...
    I am also new to the DJTT forum so if I am not supposed to post something like this then I don't mind if this gets deleted.

the audio technica AT-LP120 turntables are pretty affordable, and from what i heard pretty decent as well
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

The t62s are actually pretty nice, you would need a serato box and a mixer of some sort to play with a computer.

Cheap:
    http://www.thomann.de/gb/american_audio_ttd_2400.htm

Good value (incl. cart + stylus):
    http://www.thomann.de/gb/stanton_t_62.htm

Both with the usual 3yr Thomann warranty.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

Stanton T62 is pretty good. But it has really weak motor (1kg). But for that price....T62 is the best way.

Yopu may consider also Reloop RP2000. But IMHO Stanton is way better.

Tech Mentor

The American Audio TTD 2400 looks like a decent purchase to me. Will keep the budget under £200 for a pair of new turntables. Of course, you will need a mixer and soundcard ontop of that to use DVS, so your looking at around £250 for Trakto Scratch A6 or £400 for Serato SL2.

The T62 also looks like a decent buy, but my money would go on second hand Technics when you are looking around that budget. My last set of 1210 mk2's cost me £350, so only £50 more than the purchase price of the Stantons.

But whatever you buy that aint Technics will realistically depreciate in value. Whatever you spend on Technics you will get back if you decide to sell them. So an extra £50 now will likely save you £100 (assuming you can sell a pair of T62's for £200) in the future.

Just remember though that you will need the soundcard & mixer too. At which point, the DJM 250 looks like a cracking buy for £165 + £250 for TSP. Meaning around £400. Any upgrade on this you would probably be best with either the Pioneer T1 or NI Z2 for full Traktor integration.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

+1 for second hand Technics - not to say the other decks aren't good, I've never used them, but you can get a decent set of 1200/1210 's from fleaBay for that kinda money.
    SC | MC

Yeah I have a BCD3000 that I want to hook the turntables up to.
    (I know that the quality of the BCD3000s are not that great but I am on a budget)

Quote Originally Posted by xs2man View Post
    The American Audio TTD 2400 looks like a decent purchase to me. Will keep the budget under £200 for a pair of new turntables. Of course, you will need a mixer and soundcard ontop of that to use DVS, so your looking at around £250 for Trakto Scratch A6 or £400 for Serato SL2.

The T62 also looks like a decent buy, but my money would go on second hand Technics when you are looking around that budget. My last set of 1210 mk2's cost me £350, so only £50 more than the purchase price of the Stantons.

But whatever you buy that aint Technics will realistically depreciate in value. Whatever you spend on Technics you will get back if you decide to sell them. So an extra £50 now will likely save you £100 (assuming you can sell a pair of T62's for £200) in the future.

Just remember though that you will need the soundcard & mixer too. At which point, the DJM 250 looks like a cracking buy for £165 + £250 for TSP. Meaning around £400. Any upgrade on this you would probably be best with either the Pioneer T1 or NI Z2 for full Traktor integration.
    Yeah I have a couple of controllers already(the DDJ ERGO and the BCD3000) the BCD3000 has a built in soundcard so I want to use the turntables with that and I also have Traktor as well. Like I said before I know the BCD3000 is bad quality but this is for home use and I am on a budget so I am sticking to cheap equipment.

Tech Mentor

Cool. Second hand 12's are around the same budget as new T62's though, and will be a far better deck, and wont loose money. Keep on the hunt for them and you can pick them up for cheap enough. As I said, I was £350 for my last pair, and they came serviced and with new needles / carts.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast